Re: [NH] Re: New NoteTab site

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
      Hi Karen,

      >The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
      >(Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
      >content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
      >just right.

      Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
      smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
      form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes
      Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager

    • calamityjanenow
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
        Hi Eric,
        I do have the bottom scrollbar on various sites from time to time, but
        I remember it from MSIE as well and can't say if it is much
        more often. Your page also renders in Mozilla 1.2.1 the same as
        Phoenix but not in Netscape 6. The text just seems to be bigger,
        especially the text in the beige box, but all the letters in general
        just seem to be a little larger, enough to make that kind of
        difference when added together. The display areas on all the browsers
        seems to be the same, at least from right to left. I only have
        this occur on the
        http://www.fookes.com/order.php page, on
        http://www.fookes.com/buydirect.php it all goes back to fitting on one
        screen.
        Also, only on http://www.fookes.com/order.php, at the bottom, the
        phrase "Windows is a" is positioned all the way to the right,
        followed by a break, then "trademark of Microsoft Corporation
        registered..." is all positioned normally.
        Fascinating stuff.
        Karen

        > Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
        > smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
        > form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?
        >

        > Regards,
        > Eric G.V. Fookes
        > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
        > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
          All I'll say is that these sites again assume that we all have 800 by 600 or greater
          screen resolutions. I keep to 640 by 480 (pictures larger, icons bigger, better for web
          page construction) and because the sizes of such websites are numerical and fixed
          instead of percentages I have to scroll side to side. Obviously such websites are
          visited less because they cannot be read without side to side actions.

          Adrian Worsfold

          http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        • musingman@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 24 11:46 AM
            Hello Eric!

            I just looked at your "new and improved" web pages (Internet Explorer -- IE
            5). The pages look great. I will try looking at them with Netscape later (it's
            on my other computer). I will test all the links on my other machine, too.

            You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!

            David Ullem
            Writer
            Charlotte, NC
            musingman@...