Re: New NoteTab site

  • calamityjanenow
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
      Hi,
      The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
      (Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
      content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
      just right.
      Karen

      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com
      sites
      > using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
      pages
      > display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
      > like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
      > improve the design.
      >
      > Have a nice weekend!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Eric G.V. Fookes
      > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
      > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

    • Albert
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
        Yes the site looks real good. Congratulations on a job well done.

        I had not problem with size but I use 1400x1050 resolution.

        Albert
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
          Hi Karen,

          >The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
          >(Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
          >content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
          >just right.

          Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
          smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
          form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
            Hi Eric,
            I do have the bottom scrollbar on various sites from time to time, but
            I remember it from MSIE as well and can't say if it is much
            more often. Your page also renders in Mozilla 1.2.1 the same as
            Phoenix but not in Netscape 6. The text just seems to be bigger,
            especially the text in the beige box, but all the letters in general
            just seem to be a little larger, enough to make that kind of
            difference when added together. The display areas on all the browsers
            seems to be the same, at least from right to left. I only have
            this occur on the
            http://www.fookes.com/order.php page, on
            http://www.fookes.com/buydirect.php it all goes back to fitting on one
            screen.
            Also, only on http://www.fookes.com/order.php, at the bottom, the
            phrase "Windows is a" is positioned all the way to the right,
            followed by a break, then "trademark of Microsoft Corporation
            registered..." is all positioned normally.
            Fascinating stuff.
            Karen

            > Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
            > smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
            > form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?
            >

            > Regards,
            > Eric G.V. Fookes
            > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
            > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

          • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
              All I'll say is that these sites again assume that we all have 800 by 600 or greater
              screen resolutions. I keep to 640 by 480 (pictures larger, icons bigger, better for web
              page construction) and because the sizes of such websites are numerical and fixed
              instead of percentages I have to scroll side to side. Obviously such websites are
              visited less because they cannot be read without side to side actions.

              Adrian Worsfold

              http://www.pluralist.co.uk
            • musingman@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 24, 2003
                Hello Eric!

                I just looked at your "new and improved" web pages (Internet Explorer -- IE
                5). The pages look great. I will try looking at them with Netscape later (it's
                on my other computer). I will test all the links on my other machine, too.

                You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!

                David Ullem
                Writer
                Charlotte, NC
                musingman@...