Skip to search.

Re: [NH] New NoteTab site

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
      hsavage wrote:

      > Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:
      >
      >> Hi everyone,
      >>
      >> I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com sites
      >> using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
      > pages
      >> display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
      >> like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
      >> improve the design.
      >>
      >> Have a nice weekend!
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >> Eric G.V. Fookes
      >
      > Hello Eric,
      >
      > Are we to assume the update feature within each of your programs is the
      > only way to get a fresh upgrade?
      >
      > Big improvement over all, I think.
      >
      > hrs

      Eric,

      Me again. Just after sending the last email I went back to fookes.com
      and found the links for upgrade downloads.

      Sorry about bringing it up since they were so very easy to find.

      hrs
    • calamityjanenow
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
        Hi,
        The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
        (Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
        content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
        just right.
        Karen

        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com
        sites
        > using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
        pages
        > display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
        > like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
        > improve the design.
        >
        > Have a nice weekend!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Eric G.V. Fookes
        > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
        > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

      • Albert
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
          Yes the site looks real good. Congratulations on a job well done.

          I had not problem with size but I use 1400x1050 resolution.

          Albert
        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
            Hi Karen,

            >The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
            >(Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
            >content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
            >just right.

            Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
            smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
            form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
              Hi Eric,
              I do have the bottom scrollbar on various sites from time to time, but
              I remember it from MSIE as well and can't say if it is much
              more often. Your page also renders in Mozilla 1.2.1 the same as
              Phoenix but not in Netscape 6. The text just seems to be bigger,
              especially the text in the beige box, but all the letters in general
              just seem to be a little larger, enough to make that kind of
              difference when added together. The display areas on all the browsers
              seems to be the same, at least from right to left. I only have
              this occur on the
              http://www.fookes.com/order.php page, on
              http://www.fookes.com/buydirect.php it all goes back to fitting on one
              screen.
              Also, only on http://www.fookes.com/order.php, at the bottom, the
              phrase "Windows is a" is positioned all the way to the right,
              followed by a break, then "trademark of Microsoft Corporation
              registered..." is all positioned normally.
              Fascinating stuff.
              Karen

              > Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
              > smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
              > form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?
              >

              > Regards,
              > Eric G.V. Fookes
              > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
              > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

            • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
                All I'll say is that these sites again assume that we all have 800 by 600 or greater
                screen resolutions. I keep to 640 by 480 (pictures larger, icons bigger, better for web
                page construction) and because the sizes of such websites are numerical and fixed
                instead of percentages I have to scroll side to side. Obviously such websites are
                visited less because they cannot be read without side to side actions.

                Adrian Worsfold

                http://www.pluralist.co.uk
              • musingman@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 24, 2003
                  Hello Eric!

                  I just looked at your "new and improved" web pages (Internet Explorer -- IE
                  5). The pages look great. I will try looking at them with Netscape later (it's
                  on my other computer). I will test all the links on my other machine, too.

                  You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!

                  David Ullem
                  Writer
                  Charlotte, NC
                  musingman@...