Re: [NH] New NoteTab site

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
      Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com sites
      > using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
      pages
      > display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
      > like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
      > improve the design.
      >
      > Have a nice weekend!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Eric G.V. Fookes

      Hello Eric,

      I like your new pages much more than the old. Not as much wasted space
      on the margins, still, not overly packed to make it difficult to read.

      I went to the BUY page and it appeared to be very functional. Had no
      problem with any of the few page links I tried.

      This does beg a question though, I didn't find a page to download a
      registered Upgrade file.

      Are we to assume the update feature within each of your programs is the
      only way to get a fresh upgrade?

      Big improvement over all, I think.

      hrs
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
        hsavage wrote:

        > Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:
        >
        >> Hi everyone,
        >>
        >> I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com sites
        >> using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
        > pages
        >> display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
        >> like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
        >> improve the design.
        >>
        >> Have a nice weekend!
        >>
        >> Regards,
        >> Eric G.V. Fookes
        >
        > Hello Eric,
        >
        > Are we to assume the update feature within each of your programs is the
        > only way to get a fresh upgrade?
        >
        > Big improvement over all, I think.
        >
        > hrs

        Eric,

        Me again. Just after sending the last email I went back to fookes.com
        and found the links for upgrade downloads.

        Sorry about bringing it up since they were so very easy to find.

        hrs
      • calamityjanenow
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
          Hi,
          The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
          (Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
          content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
          just right.
          Karen

          --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com
          sites
          > using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
          pages
          > display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
          > like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
          > improve the design.
          >
          > Have a nice weekend!
          >
          > Regards,
          > Eric G.V. Fookes
          > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
          > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

        • Albert
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
            Yes the site looks real good. Congratulations on a job well done.

            I had not problem with size but I use 1400x1050 resolution.

            Albert
          • Eric G.V. Fookes
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
              Hi Karen,

              >The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
              >(Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
              >content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
              >just right.

              Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
              smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
              form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
                Hi Eric,
                I do have the bottom scrollbar on various sites from time to time, but
                I remember it from MSIE as well and can't say if it is much
                more often. Your page also renders in Mozilla 1.2.1 the same as
                Phoenix but not in Netscape 6. The text just seems to be bigger,
                especially the text in the beige box, but all the letters in general
                just seem to be a little larger, enough to make that kind of
                difference when added together. The display areas on all the browsers
                seems to be the same, at least from right to left. I only have
                this occur on the
                http://www.fookes.com/order.php page, on
                http://www.fookes.com/buydirect.php it all goes back to fitting on one
                screen.
                Also, only on http://www.fookes.com/order.php, at the bottom, the
                phrase "Windows is a" is positioned all the way to the right,
                followed by a break, then "trademark of Microsoft Corporation
                registered..." is all positioned normally.
                Fascinating stuff.
                Karen

                > Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
                > smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
                > form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?
                >

                > Regards,
                > Eric G.V. Fookes
                > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
                > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

              • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
                  All I'll say is that these sites again assume that we all have 800 by 600 or greater
                  screen resolutions. I keep to 640 by 480 (pictures larger, icons bigger, better for web
                  page construction) and because the sizes of such websites are numerical and fixed
                  instead of percentages I have to scroll side to side. Obviously such websites are
                  visited less because they cannot be read without side to side actions.

                  Adrian Worsfold

                  http://www.pluralist.co.uk
                • musingman@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 24, 2003
                    Hello Eric!

                    I just looked at your "new and improved" web pages (Internet Explorer -- IE
                    5). The pages look great. I will try looking at them with Netscape later (it's
                    on my other computer). I will test all the links on my other machine, too.

                    You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!

                    David Ullem
                    Writer
                    Charlotte, NC
                    musingman@...