New NoteTab site

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com sites
      using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new pages
      display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
      like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
      improve the design.

      Have a nice weekend!

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes
      Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
        Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com sites
        > using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
        pages
        > display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
        > like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
        > improve the design.
        >
        > Have a nice weekend!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Eric G.V. Fookes

        Hello Eric,

        I like your new pages much more than the old. Not as much wasted space
        on the margins, still, not overly packed to make it difficult to read.

        I went to the BUY page and it appeared to be very functional. Had no
        problem with any of the few page links I tried.

        This does beg a question though, I didn't find a page to download a
        registered Upgrade file.

        Are we to assume the update feature within each of your programs is the
        only way to get a fresh upgrade?

        Big improvement over all, I think.

        hrs
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
          hsavage wrote:

          > Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:
          >
          >> Hi everyone,
          >>
          >> I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com sites
          >> using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
          > pages
          >> display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
          >> like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
          >> improve the design.
          >>
          >> Have a nice weekend!
          >>
          >> Regards,
          >> Eric G.V. Fookes
          >
          > Hello Eric,
          >
          > Are we to assume the update feature within each of your programs is the
          > only way to get a fresh upgrade?
          >
          > Big improvement over all, I think.
          >
          > hrs

          Eric,

          Me again. Just after sending the last email I went back to fookes.com
          and found the links for upgrade downloads.

          Sorry about bringing it up since they were so very easy to find.

          hrs
        • calamityjanenow
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
            Hi,
            The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
            (Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
            content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
            just right.
            Karen

            --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > I've recently rewritten both my www.notetab.com and www.fookes.com
            sites
            > using PHP, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be interested to know if the new
            pages
            > display alright in your browser (especially the order page) and how you
            > like it. I'm always happy to read your suggestions if you see ways to
            > improve the design.
            >
            > Have a nice weekend!
            >
            > Regards,
            > Eric G.V. Fookes
            > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
            > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

          • Albert
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 27, 2003
              Yes the site looks real good. Congratulations on a job well done.

              I had not problem with size but I use 1400x1050 resolution.

              Albert
            • Eric G.V. Fookes
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
                Hi Karen,

                >The sites look great. The order page is too wide for my browser
                >(Phoenix .5 800x600 ) but I was able to scroll right and see all the
                >content on the screen with only the menu hidden. The other pages were
                >just right.

                Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
                smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
                form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
                  Hi Eric,
                  I do have the bottom scrollbar on various sites from time to time, but
                  I remember it from MSIE as well and can't say if it is much
                  more often. Your page also renders in Mozilla 1.2.1 the same as
                  Phoenix but not in Netscape 6. The text just seems to be bigger,
                  especially the text in the beige box, but all the letters in general
                  just seem to be a little larger, enough to make that kind of
                  difference when added together. The display areas on all the browsers
                  seems to be the same, at least from right to left. I only have
                  this occur on the
                  http://www.fookes.com/order.php page, on
                  http://www.fookes.com/buydirect.php it all goes back to fitting on one
                  screen.
                  Also, only on http://www.fookes.com/order.php, at the bottom, the
                  phrase "Windows is a" is positioned all the way to the right,
                  followed by a break, then "trademark of Microsoft Corporation
                  registered..." is all positioned normally.
                  Fascinating stuff.
                  Karen

                  > Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
                  > smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
                  > form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?
                  >

                  > Regards,
                  > Eric G.V. Fookes
                  > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
                  > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

                • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
                    All I'll say is that these sites again assume that we all have 800 by 600 or greater
                    screen resolutions. I keep to 640 by 480 (pictures larger, icons bigger, better for web
                    page construction) and because the sizes of such websites are numerical and fixed
                    instead of percentages I have to scroll side to side. Obviously such websites are
                    visited less because they cannot be read without side to side actions.

                    Adrian Worsfold

                    http://www.pluralist.co.uk
                  • musingman@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 24, 2003
                      Hello Eric!

                      I just looked at your "new and improved" web pages (Internet Explorer -- IE
                      5). The pages look great. I will try looking at them with Netscape later (it's
                      on my other computer). I will test all the links on my other machine, too.

                      You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!

                      David Ullem
                      Writer
                      Charlotte, NC
                      musingman@...