saving

  • opw88
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2003
      question?

      my topic is why can i not save any more when i have my saved html
      file open?

      day one of using (trial) note tab pro worked fine... i could save
      while having a copy of document open...along with being able to hit
      refresh button to see the changes i made...

      today i started up my computer and the program and two things have
      changed and i do not know how to change it back...
      one, i can no longer type new html text in note tab and save it
      (copy it) over the existing document if i have that document
      open...only if the document is closed...

      two, the first time i used note tab (one day ago) i had been
      programming like i said and had the document open, and it appeared on
      my screen exactly the way my interent browser looks...now day two it
      looks like a word document...can i change it back to how my internet
      browser looks like? how?

      thank you! i look forward to your replies. i hope all has a grand
      day!

      andrew
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2003
        Hi Andrew,

        >my topic is why can i not save any more when i have my saved html
        >file open?
        >
        >day one of using (trial) note tab pro worked fine... i could save
        >while having a copy of document open...along with being able to hit
        >refresh button to see the changes i made...
        >
        >today i started up my computer and the program and two things have
        >changed and i do not know how to change it back...
        >one, i can no longer type new html text in note tab and save it
        >(copy it) over the existing document if i have that document
        >open...only if the document is closed...

        That is the way it is suppose to work if I understand you
        correctly. You can edit and save the same document providing it
        is not marked as read-only. (See the Document menu.) If you are
        trying to save a document by the same name of a file that is
        already open, you cannot do that without renaming the file.

        >two, the first time i used note tab (one day ago) i had been
        >programming like i said and had the document open, and it
        >appeared on my screen exactly the way my interent browser
        >looks...now day two it looks like a word document...can i change
        >it back to how my internet browser looks like? how?

        I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do. I
        think maybe it has to do with the View in Browser feature and
        possibly that you changed some of the default settings dealing
        with binary files. Click on View | Options | Files | F1 to see
        information about the binary characters. If you did not uncheck
        any of the boxes, I wouldn't worry about it.

        >thank you! i look forward to your replies. i hope all has a grand
        >day!
        >
        >andrew
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705375618:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12ongbbsq/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3179269&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        Happy Tab'n!

        www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com