Strange Error

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      Hello NotePro users,

      In the past two or three weeks, I've been getting this message when
      I attempt to run NotePro:

      "Exception EWin 32 Error in Module NOTEPRO.EXE at 0000eBB.
      A Win32 API function failed"

      I'm running with Windows ME. Would appreciate any help on this.
      Thanks.

      Regards

      theoldpro@...
      aka Jim C. Gajniak
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
        Hi theoldpro,

        From NoteTab's PasteBack feature:

        Those errors are usually due to low resources. Sometimes they
        may be caused by certain file(s). It/they may open fine a few at
        a time, but when trying to load them all on startup is a
        different matter. If you get error messages like Win32 API,
        TClipbookList, NoteTab freezes, or seems to freeze up (which
        might be loading many MB) sometimes it can happen on startup
        because you had too many large documents to reload from when you
        last had NoteTab open. (Sometimes a reboot takes care of it if
        you have not done that yet, or closing other programs that may
        open when you start up Windows.)

        You may need to remove the files from NoteTab Pro's ini file;
        NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Try opening an editor that
        will read text documents like Notepad or Wordpad and open
        NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Scroll down till you get
        to the [Autoload] section and remove all the paths to the files
        to reload on startup. You might want to try it from a fresh
        Windows boot up as well. You can copy the file paths/names so
        that you can open the same files again easier when you get
        NoteTab running.

        You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
        with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini; Pro or
        Std/Light respectively) in front of it and restart NoteTab.
        Some programs have memory leaks in them as well as some Windows
        versions like WinME. Some programs do not release all the memory
        they were using while open. That can add up to not having enough
        memory for programs to start causing all kinds of errors.

        Windows has basically three types of memories: RAM, Virtual
        Memory (your hard disk), and a small section of RAM used for
        storing Windows object handles. When Windows runs out of system
        resources, it may have plenty of RAM left, but it runs out of
        space for storing handles. This is often when funny things start
        happening like the tab bar displaying blank tabs, or the Toolbar
        showing no icons.

        Only libraries open in the Clipbook window will occupy RAM. The
        more items, and the larger the Clips, the more RAM it uses up.
        Running Clips that create variables will take another chunk from
        RAM. Closing the Clipbook window will free several handles which
        occupy the third type of memory.

        Some things in NoteTab can cause extra memory to be used are:
        Large amounts of Favorites and long lists slow down the loading
        of NoteTab and use up a fair amount of RAM.

        A large Undo limit size. What is considered large is largely
        dependant on how many documents you open. Should rarely be a
        problem if you open less than 50 documents at a time.

        >In the past two or three weeks, I've been getting this message
        >when I attempt to run NotePro:
        >
        >"Exception EWin 32 Error in Module NOTEPRO.EXE at 0000eBB. A
        >Win32 API function failed"
        >
        >I'm running with Windows ME. Would appreciate any help on this.
        >Thanks.

        Happy Tab'n!

        www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
      • Wes Cherry
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
          I don't mean to be 'flip' but get rid of ME. I ran ME for two years with innumerable crashes which resulted in scrambled files. Since going back to Windows98 there has not been a single crash or lockup.

          Wes
          In the past two or three weeks, I've been getting this message when
          I attempt to run NotePro:

          "Exception EWin 32 Error in Module NOTEPRO.EXE at 0000eBB.
          A Win32 API function failed"

          I'm running with Windows ME. Would appreciate any help on this.
          Thanks.

          Regards

          theoldpro@...
          aka Jim C. Gajniak