[NH] Re: [NT] Good looking code

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2000
      Hi Janet,

      >NoteTabbers,
      >
      >I was wondering if there is an automatic way to get your code to
      serpentine down
      >the page as you type it in. I want my code to be easy to read, but I
      don't want
      >to spend a lot of time on those kinds of details by changing it
      manually. Is
      >there a way to do this?

      If you are writing your code by hand, and in NoteTab, you
      (1) should be easily able to give it any serpentining format you want
      :-)
      (2) could use the word wrap (if with NoteTab Pro), maybe set to a
      specific column

      I would always prefer the first option, btw.

      In all other cases, (but in the handwriting with NoteTab too, as an
      option) you could have a look at HTML Tidy.

      Be warnend - it will make all the format for you. (Depending on some
      options, in fact, but at least it will never restore the format you have
      given to your page before. A lot of people dont like it therefore. I
      like it therefore, btw ;-) )

      To be found at
      http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

      Read the whole page, and you will never had to blame Tidy for doing bad.

      (3) you could use Netscape Composer or any the like

      Was a joke. ;-))

      Stefan
      ---
      Stefan Elssner
    • Jody Adair
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2000
        Hi Janet,

        > I was wondering if there is an automatic way to get your code
        > to serpentine down the page as you type it in. I want my code
        > to be easy to read, but I don't want to spend a lot of time on
        > those kinds of details by changing it manually. Is there a way
        > to do this?

        I think Stefan had the best idea, but you might look into Indent
        on Paste under Clipbook and auto-indent, under, well, you'll find
        it. <g>

        Happy NoteTab'n,
        Jody Adair

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page