Re: [NH] Multiple Browser CSS

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 18 , May 22, 2003
      Hugo,

      hugo_paulissen wrote:
      > Would this work?
      >
      > div.body {
      > position: absolute;
      > left: 220px;
      > margin-top: 50px;
      > height:450px;
      > background-color:#FFFFFF;
      > border-right:1px solid #000000;}
      >
      > In the original css the body-div "disappears" underneath the left.nav

      Thanks! That really makes it clear. This makes the other browsers behave the
      way that IE behave by default, and it makes IE work like the others.

      I will have to remember this absolute value. I think it may help with some
      other oddities.

      One more tool in the belt!

      THANKS!

      Larry
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 18 , May 22, 2003
        Alice,

        alice ttlg - koyaanisqatsi wrote:
        > In your body class, specify padding, that puts whitespace inside the
        > boxes.
        >
        > padding: 5px;
        >
        > will put 5px all the way around inside the box. Or specify only
        > padding on the left inside of the box:
        >
        > padding-left: 5px;
        >
        > Mozilla, Opera and Netscape 7 follow web standards in regard to
        > padding (white space inside the box) and margin (white space outside
        > the box) but IE does not, it does strange things, so you just kind of
        > have to play with it till you get something that looks decent in both
        > IE and Mozilla.

        Thanks for this tip! Your explanation of padding and margin really clarify
        things.

        THANKS!

        Larry