[NH] Re: screen captured!

  • Jody Adair
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 26 11:16 AM
      Hi Chris,

      > I, personally, would stay way from the extremely over priced Photo
      > Shop.

      That was just a personal opionion. I am sure there are others that would
      dissagree with me. I just found it to be a lot harder to use and could not
      tell that it did a better job than PSP or if id did much more. I remember
      the price being quite exspensive, much more than PSP which one can get with
      a rebate for about $50.

      > It's what I have!

      >However, I also have seen better results on other sites and wonder if
      >it makes a difference if I change the screen resolution before I
      >capture it.

      That should not make a difference. You can test by setting your colors to
      16 so it gets really ugly, capture it, then set your setting to true color
      (16 bit) or better and it should look real nice again. One thing to
      remember when saing the captures is to get your compression ratio set to
      where it will not distort your images.

      >I downloaded I_View 3.15 but haven't had time to play with it.

      Just for basic work it does a pretty good job and great for a default viewer.

      Happy NoteTab'n,
      Jody Adair

      The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
    • Stefan Elssner
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 26 11:46 AM
        If you like, have a look at DadaWare's Embellish:

        www.dadaware.com/

        These people tried to make an affordable replacement for overpriced
        imaging software. As far as I can see they were on the very right way.
        However, they didnt succeed economically. Sadly for them, sadly for us
        too, IMHO. Good for us: they decided to let their last release to be
        free software forever! :-) I use it daily.

        Stefan
        ---
        elssner@...
      • Stefan Elssner
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 26 1:05 PM
          Hi Wayne,

          >Please remove from you email list
          >
          >Thx
          >
          >Stefan Elssner wrote:
          >
          >> If you like, have a look at DadaWare's Embellish:

          What was bad with this? I'm not aware of any ...

          Sorry for all I would have be overlooked ...

          Stefan
        • Jody Adair
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 26 1:50 PM
            Hi Wayne,

            >Please remove from you email list

            Please see below to get off the list.

            To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
            Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):

            SUBSCRIBE
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
            The NoteTab Basic List....... NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            The NoteTab Clips List....... NTB-Clips-Subscribe@...
            The NoteTab HTML List........ NTB-HTML-Subscribe@...
            The NoteTab Beta List........ NTB-Beta-Subscribe@...
            The NoteTab Off-Topic List... NoteTab-OT-Subscribe@...
            NoteTab Announcements List... NTB-announcements-Subscribe@...
            The Mailbag Assistant List... MailBag-Subscribe@...
            The Album Express List....... Album-Express-Subscribe@...

            UNSUBSCRIBE
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
            The NoteTab Basic List....... NoteTab-UnSubscribe@...

            Happy Tab'n, Clip'n, &...
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          • Wayne King
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26 2:52 PM

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 26 4:27 PM
                Hi Stefan,

                > What was bad with this? I'm not aware of any ...
                >
                > Sorry for all I would have be overlooked ...

                Nothing, some people just want to unsubscribe and don't know how.
                Image edited is part of web page design.

                Happy NoteTab'n,
                Jody Adair

                The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
              • Jaguwar
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 27 7:44 AM
                  I agree about Paint Shop Pro. For those who doubt the capabilities of PSP
                  vs Photoshop, take a look at http://www.jaguarwoman.com/ then tell me PSP
                  doesn't do just as good a job! :-) If you're concerned with production
                  times (how quickly you can complete a job) it's at least twice as fast,
                  sometimes more, on the same job. Yes, that's documented fact taken from
                  personal experience, with professional Photoshop users doing the exact same
                  work I am. I alwasy finish first. :-)

                  If you need help with a PSP project, try http://www.pspiz.com or
                  http://www.pspusersgroup.com/

                  HTH!

                  Jaguwar
                  (p.s.- the jaguarwoman site is NOT mine. I wish! *G*)
                  > > I, personally, would stay way from the extremely over priced Photo
                  > > Shop.
                  >
                  > That was just a personal opionion. I am sure there are others that would
                  > dissagree with me. I just found it to be a lot harder to use and could
                  not
                  > tell that it did a better job than PSP or if id did much more. I remember
                  > the price being quite exspensive, much more than PSP which one can get
                  with
                  > a rebate for about $50.
                  <SNIP>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 30 1:55 AM
                    Hi Stefan,

                    > If you like, have a look at DadaWare's Embellish:
                    >
                    >www.dadaware.com/
                    >
                    > These people tried to make an affordable replacement for
                    > overpriced imaging software. As far as I can see they were on
                    > the very right way.

                    I downloaded that yesterday and got to peek at it tonight. It is
                    a nice little piece of software for freeware. It surely is not a
                    Paint Shop Pro, but it does have most of the needed features to
                    make presentable images for the web.

                    Thanks for the tip! Definitely worth the download for those that
                    just have a few pages to keep up and don't won't to spend the
                    money for a few dozen images. I did not try the acquire from my
                    scanner, but with that and the basic touch up tools it has one
                    could do quite well with it for free.

                    http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                    The NoteTab and Html List...
                    mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...