RE: [NH] html code for online website visitor

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2003
      Hi Jason,

      > hi all, I'm new to this group and i've noticed on quite a few
      > websites that they have a box that gives a count of how many people
      > are visiting that site at that time. like it will say visitors now=4
      > visitors today=65 something along that line. Does anyone know a html
      > code to put that on a website or a free program that offers that?

      I may be teaching you something that you already know.... if so forgive me!

      From what you say it appears that you think it's just a matter of writing
      the correct HTML. That's not so!

      Hit counters require some server-side activity. If your ISP does not
      provide you with a hit counter facility then you need you find someone that
      will. They will then provide the code that you need to paste into your own
      web pages which will allow the numbers to be displayed on your own site.

      I used to use http://www.thecounter.com but they started charging. Try a
      web search for "free hit counter" and see what you come up with!

      Greg