[NH] Re: Screen capture to graphic

  • Bill McNair
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
      In Windows, with Office, I simply do a Shift+Print Screen and paste the
      picture in M$ PhotoEditor for quick work, or save it, and then open it in
      PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro.

      Bill McNair

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
        > In Windows, with Office, I simply do a Shift+Print Screen
        > and paste the
        > picture in M$ PhotoEditor for quick work, or save it, and
        > then open it in PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro.

        And if you don't have Office, but are running Win98 then PAINT will
        save in *.GIF format (but not in *.PCX anymore!)

        Greg
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
          Hi Chris,

          > Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me
          > how to make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?

          I_View 3.15 does a pretty good job at it if you just want to
          capture and resize. If you want to do any serious image editing
          I recommend Paint Shop Pro 6.x for ease of use, the cost, and the
          many features. I, personally, would stay way from the extremely
          over priced Photo Shop.

          H=I_View Home & Download
          ^!SetWizardTitle Version 3.12: Don't miss the Homepage
          ^!SetWizardLabel This version of NoteView works with v3.15 of I_View
          ^!Url http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/^?{(H=10)==_I_View32 Homepage (worth the visit, great graphics)|English: iview315.zip 426 kb^=iview315.zip|English: iview315.exe 466kb^=iview315.exe|Deutsch: iview315g.zip 430kb^=|Deutsch: iview315g.exe 470 kb^=iview315g.exe|English download page^=main3.html|Deutsch download page^=main3_de.htm}

          Yes, I am working on a neat Clipbar for image editing. ;)

          http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
          http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/iview315.zip
          http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/iview315.exe

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Marco Bernardini
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 26, 2000
            >Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:12:27 -0800
            >From: "Chris Pye" <chrispye@...>
            >Subject: [NH] Screen capture to graphic
            >Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me how to
            >make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?
            >I want a good picture of the opening page of a pdf document that I have
            >available for downloading from my website.

            If you need to manipulate a PDF you can try GhostScript/GSView:
            http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
            It's a couple of free programs (porting of Unix utilities) able to create
            PDF files from a postscript file, too.
            BTW, even NoteTab can do PDF uncompressed files, if you love to write a lot
            of tags :-)

            HTH

            Marco Bernardini