New program as test for NoteTab 5 code

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 2:46 AM
      Hi everyone,

      We're working hard on new code that will be the foundation of future
      NoteTab versions. Much of it is being tested and fine-tuned on a smaller
      project (at least compared to writing the new text editor) called Easy Imager.

      Easy Imager does batch conversions of images like Easy Thumbnails, but it
      also lets you choose the file format, resolution hue, saturation, print
      text on pictures, etc. It includes tools to capture screen shots, acquire
      images from TWAIN devices, import from the Clipboard, and crop pictures
      with pixel precision. There is also a feature to create Web-based photo
      albums using templates and cascading style sheets.

      As well as the foundation source code, Easy Imager uses several other
      important features that we plan to integrate in NoteTab 5. These include:

      * Settings management -- designed to improve loading speed and lower
      resource usage
      * New Perl-based regexp
      * Live Spelling
      * new auto-paste method
      * new menu and toolbar system
      * customizable shortcuts dialog box
      * Update News dialog box
      * and several other less obvious features, like system access methods.

      You can read more about Easy Imager and download the latest pre-release
      version from its homepage:

      http://www.fookes.com/ezimager/

      There is also a discussion group to exchange ideas and comments about Easy
      Imager at:

      I'll be interested to know what you think of it.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes