  • Felix Hofmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2003
      Hello,
      I downloaded the current version of NoteTab light for a friend
      running
      XP home. The initial purpose for the program was to view (and learn) the HTML
      used on various sites.
      When in say IE and browsing a html page; and then one right-click's the mouse
      one gets the option of "View Source" and when this is selected , in my
      experience
      Notetab is invoked and shows the underlying html.

      For my friend i could not get this to work when the html was live online but
      if i save the page and the browse the same page 'offline' then selecting

      what am i doing wrong ?

      any help appreciated

      felix
    • Ville Saalo
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2003
        So you did open the Utilities library and executed the "Add to Edit HTML
        file type" clip? Check what's in the Windows registry at
        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\edit\command=****, that's what the clip
        modifies. Should be NoteTab path and file name (with "%1" at the end).
        Also run the "Add IE Default HTML Editor" clip, right next to that other
        one. -Ville

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2003
          At 02:37 2003.03.27, Felix Hofmann wrote:
          > experience Notetab is invoked and shows the
          > underlying html.

          > For my friend i could not get this to work when
          > the html was live online but if i save the page
          > and the browse the same page 'offline' then
          > selecting "View Source" invoked notetab as
          > expected

          >what am i doing wrong ?

          Probably nothing. It's an IE problem. Emptying the cache works most of the
          time for me.

          <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306907>

          Lotta
        • MW Headlines
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 28, 2003
            You have to change the file associations, so that NoteTab is invoked when
            you view source.
            Go into IE "Internet Options" in the Tools menu, then go to the "programs"
            tab and change the HTML editor to NoteTab (browse for NoteTab.exe).
            Alternately you can change Windows so that, instead of Notepad, text and
            html files automatically open in NoteTab - but someone else here will have
            to tell you how; I can't remember what I did to accomplish that!

            Kathy