Re: [NH] help in html/css

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2003
      I have to admit I am not entirely clear as to your problems. I think you
      are saying there are two?

      1. you have a link in your page to the css stylesheet?
      > The first page of this is d:\CSStutorial\cssintroduction.htm
      > This is a style sheet but as links go I can not see anything in this to
      > control this problem href="ee.css"
      If ee.css is in the same directory, then in the head of your page you
      include this:
      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ee.css" />

      If that is not responsive to your first question please advise.

      2. You are having trouble with a relative link to a different directory?
      > [xx] <A HREF="../theweb/html/dirofhtmlcss.html"><<
      > HOME</A>
      > [AA] <A href="cssselectors.htm">READ MORE</A>
      > [xx] this is NTS finds it the hover color appears the link is dead
      > this is in IE6 ,on the status bar it shows as
      > file:///D:/theweb/html/dirofhtmlcss.html
      > [AA] This is in the same folder and works and shows as
      > file:///D:/CSStutorial/cssselectors.htm

      I would suspect a typo or a missing file. A couple of observations and
      suggestions:

      a. you typed the directory and filename in capitals earlier in your email,
      and in lower case here. On some systems (windows not included) upper and
      lower case letters are not the same. If you ever plan to move things to the
      web this is especially something to pay attention to.

      b. type the address directly into the url box in the browser and see if it
      comes up. Does file:///D:/theweb/html/dirofhtmlcss.html display your file?
      If so, and if file:///D:/CSStutorial/cssselectors.htm displays the other,
      then "../theweb/html/dirofhtmlcss.html" should work as it is (../ = up one
      directory to root c from CSStutorial) and (theweb = in the directory theweb;
      in the subdirectory html and named dirofhtmlcss.html).

      So in conclusion I suspect a minor typo, a file not where you think it is,
      or capitalization matters to your operating system.

      --

      Don Passenger

      If you need an html fix visit
      http://www.htmlfixit.com