help in html/css

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2003
      Hi
      Has anybody an answer to this problem I sort of trying to make a css
      tutorial
      the tutorial itself is in D:\CSStutorial
      The first page of this is d:\CSStutorial\cssintroduction.htm
      This is a style sheet but as links go I can not see anything in this to
      control this problem href="ee.css"
      I can not get it to go back to this file D:\TheWeb\Html\DirOfHtmlCss.html
      A little bit of the code is below

      <TD class=boxborder width=140>
      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%">
      <TBODY>
      <TR>
      <TD class=boxprevnext>
      [xx] <A HREF="../theweb/html/dirofhtmlcss.html"><<
      HOME</A></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>
      <TD class=boxborder width=140>
      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%">
      <TBODY>
      <TR>
      <TD class=boxprevnext align=right><A
      [AA] href="cssselectors.htm">READ MORE

      [xx] this is NTS finds it the hover color appears the link is dead
      this is in IE6 ,on the status bar it shows as
      file:///D:/theweb/html/dirofhtmlcss.html
      [AA] This is in the same folder and works and shows as
      file:///D:/CSStutorial/cssselectors.htm

      THANKYOU DAVE
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2003
        Hi David,

        > the tutorial itself is in D:\CSStutorial
        > The first page of this is d:\CSStutorial\cssintroduction.htm
        > This is a style sheet but as links go I can not see anything in this to
        > control this problem href="ee.css"

        I'm confused! If "cssintroduction.htm" is a style sheet why aren't you
        using "cssintroduction.css" which would be the convention?

        > I can not get it to go back to this file D:\TheWeb\Html\DirOfHtmlCss.html

        > [xx] <A HREF="../theweb/html/dirofhtmlcss.html"><<
        > HOME</A></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>

        I'm always deeply suspicious when people mess with capitalisation. I
        recommend you keep it all lower case! I know this is all local to you, but
        you need to sort it out before you load it to a web server!

        I'm also deeply suspicious about your use of the leading dot-dot in
        "../theweb/html/". That means "go up a level" in the directory structure,
        but according to your earlier statement you are already at the top layer.

        I must admit that I haven't studied the code hard, but these two things
        jumped out and would be worth sorting first!

        Greg