[NH] Re: Screen capture to graphic

  • gkluther
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
      Hello Chris,

      Friday, March 24, 2000, 8:12:27 AM, you wrote:

      CP> Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me how to
      CP> make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?
      CP> I want a good picture of the opening page of a pdf document that I have
      CP> available for downloading from my website.
      CP> I know that to copy an image on the screen I use alt+print screen, and
      CP> then can paste this into a document. But how do I get it into a graphic
      CP> to add to my html page?
      CP> Someone knows I'm sure! Whoever it is, thanks in advance.
      CP> Chris

      CP> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      CP> Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup
      CP> Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files.
      CP> Install today:
      CP> http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/5/_/2799/_/953910756/

      CP> -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
      CP> -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ntb-html/?m=1

      You need any graphic program that can read .bmp or windows meta format
      and that can output .jpg, .png, or .gif since those are the three that
      I am aware of that will work on the web. A good suggestion is Paint
      Shop Pro but there are many others. PSP also has a great capture
      program. www.jasc.com

      --
      Best regards,
      gkluther mailto:gkluther@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
        In Windows, with Office, I simply do a Shift+Print Screen and paste the
        picture in M$ PhotoEditor for quick work, or save it, and then open it in
        PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro.

        Bill McNair

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
          > In Windows, with Office, I simply do a Shift+Print Screen
          > and paste the
          > picture in M$ PhotoEditor for quick work, or save it, and
          > then open it in PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro.

          And if you don't have Office, but are running Win98 then PAINT will
          save in *.GIF format (but not in *.PCX anymore!)

          Greg
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
            Hi Chris,

            > Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me
            > how to make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?

            I_View 3.15 does a pretty good job at it if you just want to
            capture and resize. If you want to do any serious image editing
            I recommend Paint Shop Pro 6.x for ease of use, the cost, and the
            many features. I, personally, would stay way from the extremely
            over priced Photo Shop.

            H=I_View Home & Download
            ^!SetWizardTitle Version 3.12: Don't miss the Homepage
            ^!SetWizardLabel This version of NoteView works with v3.15 of I_View
            ^!Url http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/^?{(H=10)==_I_View32 Homepage (worth the visit, great graphics)|English: iview315.zip 426 kb^=iview315.zip|English: iview315.exe 466kb^=iview315.exe|Deutsch: iview315g.zip 430kb^=|Deutsch: iview315g.exe 470 kb^=iview315g.exe|English download page^=main3.html|Deutsch download page^=main3_de.htm}

            Yes, I am working on a neat Clipbar for image editing. ;)

            http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
            http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/iview315.zip
            http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/iview315.exe

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab and Html List...
            mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
          • Marco Bernardini
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 26, 2000
              >Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:12:27 -0800
              >From: "Chris Pye" <chrispye@...>
              >Subject: [NH] Screen capture to graphic
              >Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me how to
              >make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?
              >I want a good picture of the opening page of a pdf document that I have
              >available for downloading from my website.

              If you need to manipulate a PDF you can try GhostScript/GSView:
              http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
              It's a couple of free programs (porting of Unix utilities) able to create
              PDF files from a postscript file, too.
              BTW, even NoteTab can do PDF uncompressed files, if you love to write a lot
              of tags :-)

              HTH

              Marco Bernardini