Re: [NH] resend: browser previews: back to basics

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10 11:20 AM
      Hi Kathy,

      >My apologies ... my email disappeared into never-neverland this weekend

      It was posted. :)

      >Installed latest version of NoteTab (4.92), and now when I
      >preview a page in a browser window (right now IE6 is the primary
      >browser selected), it opens a new window each time - tho bringing
      >the original window to the fore. I can't seem to find any place
      >in the options to make it always load into the open window.
      >Hummh!

      Normally, the Shift key down and click will do the opposite of
      what it does now. If not the Shift, then try Ctrl. I think it
      has to do with the Main and Other browser (or perhaps browser
      specific), but I haven't really ever studied it deep enough.
      Anyway... I like doing the following and be done with it. I've
      used it from the early days. Works fine; lasts a long time. :)

      You can force browsers to reuse the same window when View in Browser
      is used by inserting the following key under the [Options] section
      in NoteTab's INI file. To use the same browser window all the time
      make "NewBrowserWindow" a 0 (zero). If you want to always open a
      new window, make it a 1 (one).

      NewBrowserWindow=1
      or
      NewBrowserWindow=0

      You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab if you desire. Simply save
      the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in
      front of it and restart NoteTab. If you use another editor you need
      to close NoteTab first else your editing will be overwritten on
      shutdown of NoteTab.

      Note: In NoteTab v4.92 the default varies with different browsers.
      If you do not use the "NewBrowserWindow" entry, experiment with the
      different browsers by holding the Ctrl key down while clicking on
      the icons or using the keyboard shortcuts.

      Happy Tab'n!

      www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com