[NH] Screen capture to graphic

  • Chris Pye
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
      Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me how to
      make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?
      I want a good picture of the opening page of a pdf document that I have
      available for downloading from my website.
      I know that to copy an image on the screen I use alt+print screen, and
      then can paste this into a document. But how do I get it into a graphic
      to add to my html page?
      Someone knows I'm sure! Whoever it is, thanks in advance.
      Chris
    • gkluther
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
        Hello Chris,

        Friday, March 24, 2000, 8:12:27 AM, you wrote:

        CP> Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me how to
        CP> make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?
        CP> I want a good picture of the opening page of a pdf document that I have
        CP> available for downloading from my website.
        CP> I know that to copy an image on the screen I use alt+print screen, and
        CP> then can paste this into a document. But how do I get it into a graphic
        CP> to add to my html page?
        CP> Someone knows I'm sure! Whoever it is, thanks in advance.
        CP> Chris

        CP> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        CP> Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup
        CP> Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files.
        CP> Install today:
        CP> http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/5/_/2799/_/953910756/

        CP> -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
        CP> -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ntb-html/?m=1

        You need any graphic program that can read .bmp or windows meta format
        and that can output .jpg, .png, or .gif since those are the three that
        I am aware of that will work on the web. A good suggestion is Paint
        Shop Pro but there are many others. PSP also has a great capture
        program. www.jasc.com

        --
        Best regards,
        gkluther mailto:gkluther@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
          In Windows, with Office, I simply do a Shift+Print Screen and paste the
          picture in M$ PhotoEditor for quick work, or save it, and then open it in
          PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro.

          Bill McNair

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
            > In Windows, with Office, I simply do a Shift+Print Screen
            > and paste the
            > picture in M$ PhotoEditor for quick work, or save it, and
            > then open it in PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro.

            And if you don't have Office, but are running Win98 then PAINT will
            save in *.GIF format (but not in *.PCX anymore!)

            Greg
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 24, 2000
              Hi Chris,

              > Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me
              > how to make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?

              I_View 3.15 does a pretty good job at it if you just want to
              capture and resize. If you want to do any serious image editing
              I recommend Paint Shop Pro 6.x for ease of use, the cost, and the
              many features. I, personally, would stay way from the extremely
              over priced Photo Shop.

              H=I_View Home & Download
              ^!SetWizardTitle Version 3.12: Don't miss the Homepage
              ^!SetWizardLabel This version of NoteView works with v3.15 of I_View
              ^!Url http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/^?{(H=10)==_I_View32 Homepage (worth the visit, great graphics)|English: iview315.zip 426 kb^=iview315.zip|English: iview315.exe 466kb^=iview315.exe|Deutsch: iview315g.zip 430kb^=|Deutsch: iview315g.exe 470 kb^=iview315g.exe|English download page^=main3.html|Deutsch download page^=main3_de.htm}

              Yes, I am working on a neat Clipbar for image editing. ;)

              http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
              http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/iview315.zip
              http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/iview315.exe

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab and Html List...
              mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
            • Marco Bernardini
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 26, 2000
                >Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:12:27 -0800
                >From: "Chris Pye" <chrispye@...>
                >Subject: [NH] Screen capture to graphic
                >Hi - I know this isn't directly html but can someone tell me how to
                >make a screen capture, and turn it into a graphic file?
                >I want a good picture of the opening page of a pdf document that I have
                >available for downloading from my website.

                If you need to manipulate a PDF you can try GhostScript/GSView:
                http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
                It's a couple of free programs (porting of Unix utilities) able to create
                PDF files from a postscript file, too.
                BTW, even NoteTab can do PDF uncompressed files, if you love to write a lot
                of tags :-)

                HTH

                Marco Bernardini