Note Tab Pro

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 20, 2003
      Hello,

      When I click on F8 in Note Tab Pro to have my IE browser preview my
      .html file I get this message....

      http://"%20c:/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html and my file is not displayed.

      What do I need to do or what settings need to be changed so that I can view
      my .html file with
      IE and with NetScape?

      Thanks,

      Jim C. Gajniak
    • John Zeman <john041650@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 21, 2003
        Hi Jim,

        For what it's worth, below is the clip I use to view the html page I'm currently editing in NoteTab with any one of 4 browsers.

        John

        ^!SetWizardTitle View current page in any Browser

        ; BEGIN ONE LONG LINE
        ^!SetWizardTitle View in Other Browser
        ^!Set %x%=^?{(T=L;H=4) Select the Browser=Netscape 4^=[Netscape] ^**|Netscape 6.2^=[Netscape6] ^**|Opera^=[Opera] ^**|Internet Explorer^=[IExplore] ^**}
        ^!Url ^%x%
        ; END ONE LONG LINE

        ^!Url ^%x%

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 21, 2003
          Oops, a slight correction to my last post. ^!Url ^%x% should only be in that clip once (so it's like below in the quoted text), darn copy and paste got me again.
          John

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 21, 2003
            Sigh.. Thank God it's Friday, I found yet another typo in my previously posted clip. The clip works great for me, I'm just having trouble copying and pasting it into here! LOL For hopefully the final time, here is what that clip should be..

            ; BEGIN ONE LONG LINE
            ^!Set %x%=^?{(T=L;H=4) Select the Browser=Netscape 4^=[Netscape] ^**|Netscape 6.2^=[Netscape6] ^**|Opera^=[Opera] ^**|Internet Explorer^=[IExplore] ^**}
            ; END ONE LONG LINE

            ^!Url ^%x%
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 21, 2003
              theoldpro wrote:

              >Hello,
              >
              >When I click on F8 in Note Tab Pro to have my IE browser preview my
              >.html file I get this message....
              >
              >http://"%20c:/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html and my file is not displayed.
              >
              >What do I need to do or what settings need to be changed so that I can view
              >my .html file with
              >IE and with NetScape?
              >
              >Thanks,
              >
              >Jim C. Gajniak

              Hi Jim,

              The Url as is pasted in the email is incorrect, there is a quote mark
              and an extra space at the beginning of it. You should figure out where
              the extra characters are being introduced.

              You might try removing both, or, remove the space and add a quote to
              the end of the url. I think the browser is failing because it is
              looking for a file path like the next line.

              ("space)c:/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html

              With the quote and space this is an invalid path.

              http://c|/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html

              Try pasting in the above path to see it it works.

              hrs
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 21, 2003
                hsavage wrote:

                >theoldpro wrote:
                >

                >>Hello,
                >>
                >>When I click on F8 in Note Tab Pro to have my IE browser preview my
                >>.html file I get this message....
                >>
                >>http://"%20c:/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html and my file is not displayed.
                >>
                >>What do I need to do or what settings need to be changed so that I can view
                >>my .html file with
                >>IE and with NetScape?
                >>
                >>Thanks,
                >>
                >>Jim C. Gajniak
                >>

                >Hi Jim,
                >
                >The Url as is pasted in the email is incorrect, there is a quote mark
                >and an extra space at the beginning of it. You should figure out where
                >the extra characters are being introduced.
                >
                > You might try removing both, or, remove the space and add a quote to
                >the end of the url. I think the browser is failing because it is
                >looking for a file path like the next line.
                >
                >("space)c:/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html
                >
                >With the quote and space this is an invalid path.
                >
                >http://c|/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html
                >
                >Try pasting in the above path to see it it works.
                >
                >hrs

                Jim,

                Previewing a html file insinuates the file is on your drive. One thing
                I overlooked in the previous post, if the file you are viewing is on
                your harddisk the path should be as follows.

                file:///c|/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html

                hrs
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 21, 2003
                  Hi Jim,

                  We had a bug in an earlier version that caused that. Try upgrading
                  to v4.92 if you are not running it.

                  Light
                  http://www.notetab.com/download.htm
                  Pro and Std
                  http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.htm

                  >When I click on F8 in Note Tab Pro to have my IE browser preview
                  >my.html file I get this message....
                  >
                  >http://"%20c:/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html and my file is not
                  >displayed.
                  >
                  >What do I need to do or what settings need to be changed so that
                  >I can view my .html file with IE and with NetScape?

                  Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

                  http://www.notetab.net
                • theoldpro
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 21, 2003
                    Thank you Jody,

                    I'm running with V 4.86. Do you think that V 4.86 had
                    this bug in it?

                    Thanks,

                    Jim C. Gajniak
                    theoldpro@...

                    We had a bug in an earlier version that caused that. Try upgrading
                    to v4.92 if you are not running it.

                    Light
                    http://www.notetab.com/download.htm
                    Pro and Std
                    http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.htm

                    >When I click on F8 in Note Tab Pro to have my IE browser preview
                    >my.html file I get this message....
                    >
                    >http://"%20c:/dorothyssite/dorothycurrin.html and my file is not
                    >displayed.
                    >
                    >What do I need to do or what settings need to be changed so that
                    >I can view my .html file with IE and with NetScape?

                    Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

                    http://www.notetab.net

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 22, 2003
                      Hi theoldpro,

                      That sounds about right, but I don't know for sure. I think there was a
                      4.86a...4.86c version. Too many things for me to remember. ;)