Re: [NH] Search Engine: Add a Page

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
      Hi Lotta and All,

      >> I noticed that AltaVista allowed five freebies and then said if
      >> they are accepted it would take 4-6 weeks.
      >
      >No, it says "Add or remove up to 5 URLs _at_ a_time_"
      >
      >> Are any of the others for free
      >
      >All 'real' engines are free AFAIK.

      Yes, that is what it said come to think of it. I guess the gig
      bucks part is if you want to do hundreds and get "Express
      Service" so to speak. Thanks. I feel a bit better now. So, not
      it is a matter of finding each ones hidden place to Add or
      Submit. I did not see them easily like Google, Go.com
      (InfoSeek), WebCrawler... I saw one that it appeared they wanted
      you to register, but then did not mention if that was needed to
      Add.

      So... does anybody have a "cheat sheet" they use to Add or get to
      the pages to Add to the most popular?

      Just saw your post Christine (SiteAdd.com). I've seen that in
      the past, perhaps that is an easy way to get started. Opinions
      please?

      > Andale.com...You can set them to be invisible to anyone but
      > you, too, which I like.

      Yes, I might look into the invisible ones. I think my domains
      will be having a stat thing soon though with all the bells and
      whistles.

      Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

      http://www.notetab.net
    • John Zeman <john041650@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
        Hi Jody,

        I gather that you are looking for free methods of registering with search engines so this may not be what you're looking for.. However if you are willing to spend $70, here is the link to the Addweb program I use that I've been very happy with.

        http://www.cyberspacehq.com/products/addweb/home.shtm

        Once you get each site set up with it, just push a button and go get yourself a cup of coffee while it does all the registering for you.. As far as how well Addweb works, well since I've been using it the hits and ranking of my sites have dramatically improved.

        John