Re: [NH] Search Engine: Add a Page

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
      > I noticed that AltaVista allowed five freebies and then said if they are
      > accepted it would
      >take 4-6 weeks.

      No, it says "Add or remove up to 5 URLs _at_ a_time_"

      > Are any of the others for free

      All 'real' engines are free AFAIK.

      Lotta
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
        I use SiteAdd.com. They hit all the search engines and it's also free.
        I've used them forever, and the addition is usually within 24 hours!

        I also use Andale.com for counters, in case you're interested. They were
        initially set up for auction people, but if you delve deeply enough, you'll
        find the area to create counters for other thing. It's kind of cool. You
        can set them to be invisible to anyone but you, too, which I like.

        Christine
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
          Hi Lotta and All,

          >> I noticed that AltaVista allowed five freebies and then said if
          >> they are accepted it would take 4-6 weeks.
          >
          >No, it says "Add or remove up to 5 URLs _at_ a_time_"
          >
          >> Are any of the others for free
          >
          >All 'real' engines are free AFAIK.

          Yes, that is what it said come to think of it. I guess the gig
          bucks part is if you want to do hundreds and get "Express
          Service" so to speak. Thanks. I feel a bit better now. So, not
          it is a matter of finding each ones hidden place to Add or
          Submit. I did not see them easily like Google, Go.com
          (InfoSeek), WebCrawler... I saw one that it appeared they wanted
          you to register, but then did not mention if that was needed to
          Add.

          So... does anybody have a "cheat sheet" they use to Add or get to
          the pages to Add to the most popular?

          Just saw your post Christine (SiteAdd.com). I've seen that in
          the past, perhaps that is an easy way to get started. Opinions
          please?

          > Andale.com...You can set them to be invisible to anyone but
          > you, too, which I like.

          Yes, I might look into the invisible ones. I think my domains
          will be having a stat thing soon though with all the bells and
          whistles.

          Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

          http://www.notetab.net
        • John Zeman <john041650@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
            Hi Jody,

            I gather that you are looking for free methods of registering with search engines so this may not be what you're looking for.. However if you are willing to spend $70, here is the link to the Addweb program I use that I've been very happy with.

            http://www.cyberspacehq.com/products/addweb/home.shtm

            Once you get each site set up with it, just push a button and go get yourself a cup of coffee while it does all the registering for you.. As far as how well Addweb works, well since I've been using it the hits and ranking of my sites have dramatically improved.

            John