RE: [NH] blockquotes and more

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 76 , Feb 11, 2003
      Actually, (don't smack me) the only "diabolical" browser I use is IE 5.5. I
      don't care about Netscape, nor someone using older versions of anything.
      The pages for whom my site(s) are created all use 5.5. They're targeted
      sites, so general public is superfluous. A kind of attitude, I know, but
      nonetheless, it is what it is.

      I create my .css file with

      .bot {vertical-align: bottom;} (for example)
      then in the page I use <TR CLASS="Bottom">.

      I see you noted tr.bot {etc.
      Do I need, in my .css file, to indicate the tag before the class elements?
      I thought I understood that if I just used ".bot" it would make it a kind of
      generic modifier.

      It never seems to pay attention to me, which I find annoying. Come to think
      of it, if I put <TABLE CLASS="Bottom"> it ignores me, too. My pages are
      bloated with repeated CLASS="Bottom"s in the <TD> tags.

      I've changed all my "align" incarnations to "class" all over. I'll play a
      little more, though. Thanks for giving it a try, guys!

      Oh - Top Style tells me a class such as "class="Center" isn't in use. It's
      ALL OVER my site! Go figure.

      Christine

      Message 76 of 76 , Feb 11, 2003
        > I create my .css file with
        >
        > .bot {vertical-align: bottom;} (for example)
        > then in the page I use <TR CLASS="Bottom">.
        >
        > I see you noted tr.bot {etc.

        Christine,

        Do not forget that TR contains TD, which may not align at the bottom.

        Hugo