Re: concerning ws_ftp

  • thefrank <tf@thefrank.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2003
      Hi JSB,

      sometimes there will be a conflict resulting from the *profile* in
      WS_FTP that the clip refers to.

      if the username in the referred profile does not have the correct
      file permissions installed on the server your clip will hiccup.

      this is actually a server issue and not a clip or WS_FTP issue.

      I run into this often when I build an FTP clip for someone to load
      files with. they can open WS_FTP and upload fine, but using the clip
      to run WS_FTP in the background does not work and produces an error.

      the solution has been to change the ownership of the files or
      directories on the server [chown from superuser] to match
      the username used in the WS_FTP profile that the clip refers to.

      once the permissions match up everything works fine.

      this may not be your case, and may not be the solution you need. but
      it may be worth checking into if the more obvious repairs do not
      resolve the issue.

      regards,

      tf

      http://thefrank.com