RE: [NH] Basic Search Engine Questions

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 16, 2003
      Hi All Reading and Adding to,

      I realize that software, trying to get a high rating on it, is
      about zilch to zilch to the minus 1000000th power. ;) I was just
      using that as an example. Basically, my question is:

      When the site is about a certain over all topic, I've heard that
      the domain name can bring better ratings according to the name.
      So, if that is true would the following be counted as the same
      "points" or awarded the same for the following:

      wedding-gown
      wedding.gown

      Obviously the search engine would not recognize: weddinggown and
      know where to split it making it "wedding gown". Or, is it one
      of things like it is six of one and a half dozen of another? Or,
      it just doesn't really matter much at all?

      cya,
      jody

      Sunny Florida, USA
      http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Milton.html