Re: [NH] 2 instances of the Browser

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
      Hi Albert,

      >Thank you for your help.

      You are most welcome!

      > ...and everything is working just fine.

      :-)

      >I have another question: when I run the spell checker, and tell
      >it to add words to the dictionary, it does not seem to do so as
      >the next time I open the document it still does not recognize
      >those words. Where I am going wrong?

      There is a configuration problem most likely. Close NoteTab and
      delete Spell.cfg hound in its main folder, I think. <g> Here's
      the short of it. Start NoteTab and run the Spell-checker. You
      should be prompted to configure it at which time do so.

      And, here is the long version should you run into problems. Do
      note below about the dictionaries to configure.

      You need to properly install dictionaries before you can use the
      Spell Checker and thesaurus. The following is how to install and
      use the American English dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and
      install the following installation program by clicking on
      "dicts.exe" after downloading it. All the dictionaries and the
      thesaurus go into NoteTab's Dictionaries folder.

      Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
      KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

      The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
      folder:
      English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
      AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
      English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

      The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
      Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
      boxes are checked.

      Base English v2.01
      American Add-on v2.01

      To use the Spell Checker simply load a document and press the
      Spell Check button. To use the thesaurus simply press F12 or
      click on Tools | Thesaurus.

      If you still have problems, close NoteTab and delete Spell.cfg
      found in its main folder. Start NoteTab and run the Spell
      Checker. When you are asked to configure the Spell Checker, do so
      at that time.

      Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
      more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
      some options. You may also get to the same information from View
      | Spell Checker Options...

      Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
      in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
      our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.
      Extract them into the Dictionaries folder and use the Add button
      in View | Spell-checker Options... to get them configured.
      http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

      Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

      http://www.notetab.net
    • Ron Woodall
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
        Hi All:

        I'm trying to put together the background information for XHTML et
        al and have put together several tables that outline their relationships. I
        would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to review them and provide
        me your comments. I'm trying to put together an organized hierarchy so that
        readers can easily see how everything relates.

        They are located at:
        http://www.htmlcompendium.org/XML+derivatives.htm.

        Thanks for your help.

        Ron Woodall

        ---------------------------------------
        Ron Woodall
        nor@...

        The Compendium of HTML Elements

        - available at/disponible à:
      • Ron Woodall
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
          Hi All:

          Sorry about that, this was sent under the wrong subject line.

          ---------------------------------------
          Ron Woodall
          nor@...

          The Compendium of HTML Elements

          - available at/disponible à:
        • albert
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2003
            Jody,

            Thanks for the solution. That worked just fine. I really do appreciate all
            the help.

            Albert