[NH] Revised clip example to delete a specific tag and any instance of that tag

  • Norma
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2000
      I hope this clears up the confusion. This clip does what I meant it to do.
      I'm sorry about the preselect tags part. I had hoped to make it work so
      that you could select a specific tag and delete it if it was not on the
      list but after I checked it, it didn't work for me either after I tried it.
      Maybe I'll further work on it to make it work. It would be a nice feature
      to have especially since new tags are added all the time. Right now you're
      just limited to the tags on the list and any you happen to add if you feel
      brave to modify the code :)

      Regards,
      Norma

      ; 2/25/2000 - Posted by Norma Armstrong. Revised with hopefully better
      instructions
      ;and the preselect code taken out. Posted as a simple solution that deletes
      a full
      ;specific tag (and just that tag and any instance of it) and exits.
      ;Again if you wish to be prompted you can take out the commented code.
      ;Don't preselect tag. Just choose tag from the list you wish to delete.
      ^!Set
      %Tag%="^?[Tag=A|APPLET|B|BR|BODY|CAPTION|CENTER|DIV|FORM|FONT|H1|H2|H3|H4|H5|H6|TD|TR|P]"

      :Start
      ;Select opening tag
      ^!Find "<^%Tag%" IS
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Select HTMLTAG
      ^!Keyboard DELETE
      ;Select and clear end of tag
      ^!Find "</^%Tag%" IS
      ^!Select HTMLTAG
      ^!Keyboard DELETE
      ;Enable following commands if you want to be prompted
      ;^!Skip Delete again?
      ;^!GoTo End
      ^!GoTo Start