Re: [NH] 2 instances of the Browser

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hi Albert,

      If you install the latest version to a different location, you
      can always uninstall it if something fails and still have the
      version you are currently running. If you have a backup copy of
      the Setup file for the older versions, you can pretty much safely
      install right over your current version. If something does not
      work out, you can install your older version then. More...

      >I use Note Tab Pro and have only one IE configured for the View
      >button on the toolbar. The internal browser is set for IE but is
      >a separate button from the View button as you know.

      I don't know what you mean by "internal browser" and "View
      button"? Hold your mouse over the View icon and see if it says
      "View in Browser". That is the Main Browser tool in Options |
      Internet which I believe you are referring to as "View." If you
      mean IE is your default browser (the one that opens when you
      click on links from various programs or an HTML file in Windows
      Explorer (or My Computer), then try taking out the path to it in
      Options | Internet | Main Browser. Nevertheless, I would
      reinstall at least your current version, but recommend that you
      upgrade to v4.91 or v4.92 (beta, but not a trial version).

      http://www.notetab.com/download.htm
      <http://www.fookes.net/ftp/wrapper/ntp492wp.exe>http://www.fookes.net/ftp<http://www.fookes.net/ftp/wrapper/ntp492wp.exe>/wrapper/ntp491wp.exe
      http://www.fookes.net/ftp/wrapper/ntp492wp.exe

      >It is when I click on the large View one that two instances of IE
      >open.
      >
      >I looked through the options settings and when I look at
      >Internet, only one browser is configured.
      >
      >I wonder if I should get an up to date copy of Note Tab Pro and
      >re-install it and see if that solves the problem.

      www.notetab.net, www.clean-funnies.com

      Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

    • albert
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
        Jody,

        Thank you for your help. You are an absolute wonder. I sometimes ask myself
        where you find the time to answer all those questions and still have time
        for yourself. Your assistance is greatly appreciated by me and I am sure by
        many others. Thank you.

        I downloaded the Note Tab Pro with wrapper version 4.92 and then installed
        it in a different directory on a different hard drive just to be on the safe
        side.

        The NT Pro installed perfectly after I guided the wrapper install to the
        other directory where the exe of the previous version was.

        IE (the browser) is no longer opening twice and the new version works just
        fine so after moving the dictionary and thesaurus files to the new
        directory, and moving my work product files over as well, I uninstalled the
        older version (4.86) and everything is working just fine.

        I have another question: when I run the spell checker, and tell it to add
        words to the dictionary, it does not seem to do so as the next time I open
        the document it still does not recognize those words. Where I am going
        wrong?

        Thanks again for all your help

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
          Hi Albert,

          >Thank you for your help.

          You are most welcome!

          > ...and everything is working just fine.

          :-)

          >I have another question: when I run the spell checker, and tell
          >it to add words to the dictionary, it does not seem to do so as
          >the next time I open the document it still does not recognize
          >those words. Where I am going wrong?

          There is a configuration problem most likely. Close NoteTab and
          delete Spell.cfg hound in its main folder, I think. <g> Here's
          the short of it. Start NoteTab and run the Spell-checker. You
          should be prompted to configure it at which time do so.

          And, here is the long version should you run into problems. Do
          note below about the dictionaries to configure.

          You need to properly install dictionaries before you can use the
          Spell Checker and thesaurus. The following is how to install and
          use the American English dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and
          install the following installation program by clicking on
          "dicts.exe" after downloading it. All the dictionaries and the
          thesaurus go into NoteTab's Dictionaries folder.

          Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
          KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

          The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
          folder:
          English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
          AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
          English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

          The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
          Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
          boxes are checked.

          Base English v2.01
          American Add-on v2.01

          To use the Spell Checker simply load a document and press the
          Spell Check button. To use the thesaurus simply press F12 or
          click on Tools | Thesaurus.

          If you still have problems, close NoteTab and delete Spell.cfg
          found in its main folder. Start NoteTab and run the Spell
          Checker. When you are asked to configure the Spell Checker, do so
          at that time.

          Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
          more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
          some options. You may also get to the same information from View
          | Spell Checker Options...

          Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
          in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
          our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.
          Extract them into the Dictionaries folder and use the Add button
          in View | Spell-checker Options... to get them configured.
          http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

          Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

          http://www.notetab.net
        • Ron Woodall
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
            Hi All:

            I'm trying to put together the background information for XHTML et
            al and have put together several tables that outline their relationships. I
            would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to review them and provide
            me your comments. I'm trying to put together an organized hierarchy so that
            readers can easily see how everything relates.

            They are located at:
            http://www.htmlcompendium.org/XML+derivatives.htm.

            Thanks for your help.

            Ron Woodall

            ---------------------------------------
            Ron Woodall
            nor@...

            The Compendium of HTML Elements

            - available at/disponible à:
          • Ron Woodall
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
              Hi All:

              Sorry about that, this was sent under the wrong subject line.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2003
                Jody,

                Thanks for the solution. That worked just fine. I really do appreciate all
                the help.

                Albert