RE: [NH] how to make display tiny logo?

  • Mark McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2002
      Bingo :-)

      Mark McLaughlin
      Best Color Video Production CD-ROM Website Design
      mailto:mark@... Ph. 250-744-4111 Fx.
      www.bestcolorvideo.com/
      www.BCVnet.com Website Hosting & Server Colocation
      " We Produce Videos & Internet Websites for YOUR Business "

    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 27, 2002
        http://www.iconarchive.com/html/faq.html
        see favicon

        is that what you are talking about Mark

        Don
        > The "logo" you mention is called an icon.
        >
        > You create an icon as a 32 x 32 pixel graphic in a program
        > designed to do such work, like "Icon Forge" and other such apps.
        >
        > You park the icon as a graphic in your root directory, and other
        > directories where you want the icon association to occur.
        >
        > The file will end in " .ico "
        >
        > This functionality is only supported in IE.
        >

        > HTH
        >
        > Mark McLaughlin
      • Rijk van Geijtenbeek
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2002
          > From: Don Passenger [mailto:dpasseng@...]
          >> From: "Mark McLaughlin" <mark@...>

          >>> The "logo" you mention is called an icon.
          >>>
          >>> You create an icon as a 32 x 32 pixel graphic in a program
          >>> designed to do such work, like "Icon Forge" and other such apps.
          >>>
          >>> You park the icon as a graphic in your root directory, and other
          >>> directories where you want the icon association to occur.
          >>>
          >>> The file will end in " .ico "
          >>>
          >>> This functionality is only supported in IE.

          IE 5.5 and higher will show this icon only after you bookmark a page.

          Mozilla and Opera 7 will show this icon always in the address field and
          page tabs, but only when you refer to it with a LINK element in a page.
          Mozilla and Opera 7 are also not limited to ico files, but they will
          happily accept gif and png. The use of the link element is also supported
          by MSIE, and if you use it, you are not limited to a single icon in the
          root directory, but every page could have (if you want) a different icon.

          <link rel="shortcut icon" href="path-to-icon/icon.ico">

          --
          If you don't like having choices | Rijk van Geijtenbeek
          made for you, you should start | Documentation & QA
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 28, 2002
            good information Rijk

            for more on MSIE see:
            http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/Author/dhtml/how
            to/ShortcutIcon.asp

            It confirms as you say that the person must add the page to favorites for it
            to appear ... which might seem to deningrate the concept.

            > IE 5.5 and higher will show this icon only after you bookmark a page.
            >
            > Mozilla and Opera 7 will show this icon always in the address field and
            > page tabs, but only when you refer to it with a LINK element in a page.
            > Mozilla and Opera 7 are also not limited to ico files, but they will
            > happily accept gif and png. The use of the link element is also supported
            > by MSIE, and if you use it, you are not limited to a single icon in the
            > root directory, but every page could have (if you want) a different icon.
            >
            > <link rel="shortcut icon" href="path-to-icon/icon.ico">
            >
            > --
            > If you don't like having choices | Rijk van Geijtenbeek
            > made for you, you should start | Documentation & QA
            > making your own. - Neal Stephenson | mailto:rijk@...

          • Jan Lam
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 30, 2002
              THANKS to ALL for your GREAT HELP!