Re: [NH] Can't view source in IE

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
      Hi Mike H.,

      I wouldn't know myself, but... You can check to see what you
      have in Internet Options under the Program tab. If all other
      cases open the source in NoteTab, then it may be safe to say that
      the Help | Replace MS Notepad is working correctly for you. If
      not, look in the Utilities Library under the NoteTab Shortcuts
      section for a few Clips. The Clips will add SendTo NoteTab, Edit
      HTML (with NoteTab), and should make NoteTab your default editor
      for IE View Source and/or Edit button.

      If you cannot get this resolved in a few posts, please subscribe
      to the NoteTab Off-Topic list and bring it up over there. Please
      see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

      >When I click on a url in Outlook Express6 and open a web page,
      >then click on "view source" nothing happens; but When I copy that
      >link, open Internet Explorer seperately, paste the link to open
      >the page then "view source" it works as I expect it to.
      >
      >This is a recent development; at least I don't remember it this
      >way a few weeks ago.
      >
      >Any ideas? Registry data? OLE?
      >
      > -- It isn't terribly important, but it is annoying.
      >
      >Dell XPS R400, 400 Mhz, 20 gig HD, Windows 98.
      >
      >...and of course I have NoteTab Pro selected to "view source" from IE!

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
        Hi Mike,

        > When I click on a url in Outlook Express6 and open a web page,
        > then click on "view source" nothing happens; but When I copy that
        > link, open Internet Explorer seperately, paste the link to open
        > the page then "view source" it works as I expect it to.

        A similar problem, which I've noticed over the last six months or so, but
        may always have been there, when I attempt to View Source from Internet
        Explorer (set for NoteTab, of course!), if Note Tab is not running or open,
        it's fine. However, if NoteTab is minimised, then nothing happens. NoteTab
        stays minimised and the *.htm file does not appear in NoteTab, when opened
        manually.

        WinME, MSIE5.5 NoteTab set to minimise normally - not to System Tray.

        Greg
      • John Zeman <john041650@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2002
          Mike this may not be of any help, but about 6 months ago I had a similar problem. I could correct it by running the clips under the section titled "NoteTab Shortcuts" in the default Utilities library that comes with NoteTab. But a few days later I'd have the problem again. I finally traced it to my backup program which was changing the NoteTab program file text case from:

          C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro
          (Note the uppercase T in tab)

          Turned out it was my own fault as I had written the script for the backup myself so it was easy to correct. The thing is, I don't know why that prevented IE from viewing the source with NoteTab. Everything else worked just fine. But once I corrected my backup script so the program did not alter the text case of the NoteTab program folder, the problem disappeared.

          John