Re: [NH] Clip on multiple files

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello,

      Some characters got changed inadvertently--so I send again using a different email client. I'll not use the other mail sender again until the problem gets worked out. Thanks.

      I tried just the doc indexer clip on my machine and it wouldn't stop with

      ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End

      But it would stop when using = instead of the >

      ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$=^%Docs% End

      I put/added two lines, a skip line followed by a goto line and these same two can be removed. But, here's what (the = in the If line) did work for me:

      ^!Document First
      ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^$GetDocCount$
      :Loop
      ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
      ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
      ; ^!Clip RUN YOUR CLIP HERE
      ^!Skip Keep running/continue yes (or no to stop)
      ^!Goto end
      ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$=^%Docs% End
      ; ^!Info If ^$GetDocIndex$ = ^%Docs% End
      ; comment the next line out if you use your Clip.
      ; ^!Keyboard Alt+M D C
      ^!Inc %n%
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%n%
      ^!Goto Loop

      --
      Alan C.
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
        Hi Francesco,

        >> I don't know what your Clip does.
        >
        >many thanks for your advices and your patience. Here is my clip:
        >
        >Thanks very much in advance (sorry for the annoying thread)

        I'm glad to see they got it going for you. You weren't annoying
        at all. You can change the "=" that Alan mentioned to ">=" and
        it should work if you use your template or Document to HTML. I
        normally use both or "<=" depending what I am doing. In the case
        of my Clip though the "=" would cause it to not do the last
        document because of where I had the testing string, ^!If.

        See ya in the funnies,
        Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

        http://www.clean-funnies.com