Re: [NH] Clip on multiple files

  • Alan B Cummings
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello,

      I tried just the doc indexer clip on my machine and it wouldn't stop with

      ^!If ^0 ^%Docs% End

      But it would stop when using = instead of the >

      ^!If ^60^%Docs% End

      I put/added two lines, a skip line followed by a goto line and these same two can be removed. But, here's what (the = in the If line) did work for me:

      ^!Document First
      ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^
      -Loop
      ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
      ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
      ; ^!Clip RUN YOUR CLIP HERE
      ; ^!Info ^%n%^%NL%^%NL%^%Docs%
      ^!Skip Keep running/continue yes (or no to stop)
      ^!Goto end
      ^!If ^60^%Docs% End
      ; ^!Info If ^60 ^%Docs% End
      ; comment the next line out if you use your Clip.
      ; ^!Keyboard Alt+M D C
      ^!Inc %n%
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%n%
      ^!Goto Loop

      --
      Alan C.
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
        Hello,

        Some characters got changed inadvertently--so I send again using a different email client. I'll not use the other mail sender again until the problem gets worked out. Thanks.

        I tried just the doc indexer clip on my machine and it wouldn't stop with

        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End

        But it would stop when using = instead of the >

        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$=^%Docs% End

        I put/added two lines, a skip line followed by a goto line and these same two can be removed. But, here's what (the = in the If line) did work for me:

        ^!Document First
        ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^$GetDocCount$
        :Loop
        ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
        ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
        ; ^!Clip RUN YOUR CLIP HERE
        ^!Skip Keep running/continue yes (or no to stop)
        ^!Goto end
        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$=^%Docs% End
        ; ^!Info If ^$GetDocIndex$ = ^%Docs% End

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
          Hi Francesco,

          >> I don't know what your Clip does.
          >
          >many thanks for your advices and your patience. Here is my clip:
          >
          >Thanks very much in advance (sorry for the annoying thread)

          I'm glad to see they got it going for you. You weren't annoying
          at all. You can change the "=" that Alan mentioned to ">=" and
          it should work if you use your template or Document to HTML. I
          normally use both or "<=" depending what I am doing. In the case
          of my Clip though the "=" would cause it to not do the last
          document because of where I had the testing string, ^!If.

          See ya in the funnies,
          Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

          http://www.clean-funnies.com