Re: [NH] Clip on multiple files

  • fgiacanelli
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2002
      --- In ntb-html@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
      Thanks to Jody and Hugo for their advices.

      Unfortunately the clip creates a loop on the last file opened in
      NoteTab, which could only be stopped with CTRL+ALT keys. This is due
      perhaps to the fact that the clip that has to be open with the
      command !Clip "RUN YOUR CLIP HERE" opens at its turn a template, and
      this could render the condition "If..." always false.

      Sorry for my poor english and for the mistake in explanation. I hope
      to have been clear enough.

      Thanks very much again
      Francesco, Roma, Italy
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2002
        Hi Francesco,

        I don't know what your Clip does. If it is not opening a file or
        new document, then it should not matter. I tested it a few times
        and it always stopped for me. If you are opening the Clip Editor
        in your Clip, yes, it will probably loop forever. You are putting
        the name to your Clip here: "RUN YOUR CLIP HERE", correct?

        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End

        Try putting this in instead of your Clip:

        ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion

        If it works, it's your Clip.

        >Unfortunately the clip creates a loop on the last file opened in
        >NoteTab, which could only be stopped with CTRL+ALT keys. This is due
        >perhaps to the fact that the clip that has to be open with the
        >command !Clip "RUN YOUR CLIP HERE" opens at its turn a template, and
        >this could render the condition "If..." always false.

        H=Convert TXT to HTML - All Open, Use Clip
        ^!Continue Close all documents that you do *not*^%nl%want converted and the Clip Editor before^%nl%running this. Continue?
        ^!Document First
        ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^$GetDocCount$
        :Loop
        ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
        ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
        ; ^!Clip RUN YOUR CLIP HERE
        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End
        ; ^!Info If ^$GetDocIndex$ = ^%Docs% End
        ; comment the next line out if you use your Clip.
        ^!Keyboard Alt+M D C
        ^!Inc %n%
        ^!SetDocIndex ^%n%
        ^!Goto Loop

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      • fgiacanelli
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
          --- In ntb-html@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
          > Hi Francesco,
          >
          > I don't know what your Clip does.

          Hi Jody,

          many thanks for your advices and your patience. Here is my clip:

          ^!Set %ext%=^$GetDocName$
          ^!Set %nome%=^$GetName(^%ext%)$
          ^!Select ALL
          ^$StrToHtml(^$GetSelection$)$
          ^!Select ALL
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+C
          ^!Open ^$GetTemplatePath$recensioni.tpl
          ^!Find "[Inserire il testo qui]"
          ^!Paste
          ^!Save As ^%nome%.htm
          ^!Close

          This clip select the text in the file.txt, convert it to HTML, copy
          the HTML in a template ("recensioni.tpl") which will be saved with
          the same name of the file and extension .htm.

          For each file on which I run the clip a template will be opened to
          paste the HTML code into. This fact is perhaps the reason why the
          clip you write creates a loop on the last file (for the other file
          the clip works instead).

          Thanks very much in advance (sorry for the annoying thread)
          Regards
          Francesco
        • Alan B Cummings
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
            Hello,

            I tried just the doc indexer clip on my machine and it wouldn't stop with

            ^!If ^0 ^%Docs% End

            But it would stop when using = instead of the >

            ^!If ^60^%Docs% End

            I put/added two lines, a skip line followed by a goto line and these same two can be removed. But, here's what (the = in the If line) did work for me:

            ^!Document First
            ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^
            -Loop
            ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
            ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
            ; ^!Clip RUN YOUR CLIP HERE
            ; ^!Info ^%n%^%NL%^%NL%^%Docs%
            ^!Skip Keep running/continue yes (or no to stop)
            ^!Goto end
            ^!If ^60^%Docs% End
            ; ^!Info If ^60 ^%Docs% End

            --
            Alan C.
          • Alan C.
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
              Hello,

              Some characters got changed inadvertently--so I send again using a different email client. I'll not use the other mail sender again until the problem gets worked out. Thanks.

              I tried just the doc indexer clip on my machine and it wouldn't stop with

              ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End

              But it would stop when using = instead of the >

              ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$=^%Docs% End

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
                Hi Francesco,

                >> I don't know what your Clip does.
                >
                >many thanks for your advices and your patience. Here is my clip:
                >
                >Thanks very much in advance (sorry for the annoying thread)

                I'm glad to see they got it going for you. You weren't annoying
                at all. You can change the "=" that Alan mentioned to ">=" and
                it should work if you use your template or Document to HTML. I
                normally use both or "<=" depending what I am doing. In the case
                of my Clip though the "=" would cause it to not do the last
                document because of where I had the testing string, ^!If.

                See ya in the funnies,
                Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

                http://www.clean-funnies.com