Re: [NH] Clip on multiple files

  • fgiacanelli
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2002
      --- In ntb-html@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi Francesco,
      >
      > I'm sorry about the empty post. ;) I cannot understand what you
      > are asking. Do you want to convert .txt files to .htm? Do a
      > whole directory or just on the files opened in NoteTab?

      What I would like to do is:
      I made a clip that convert plain text into HTML. I would like to
      launch the clip on all the file I have opened in Notetab (it seems
      that the advices by Hugo could work, even if I cannot have the time
      to try).

      Many thanks again to all
      Francesco, Roma, Italy
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2002
        Hi Francesco,

        >What I would like to do is:
        >I made a clip that convert plain text into HTML. I would like to
        >launch the clip on all the file I have opened in Notetab (it seems
        >that the advices by Hugo could work, even if I cannot have the time
        >to try).

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=Convert TXT to HTML - All Open, Use Clip
        ; http:/www.notetab.net, http://www.clean-funnies.com
        ; http:/www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm, Jody
        ; long line till ^!Document First
        ^!Continue Close all documents that you do *not*^%nl%want converted and the Clip Editor before^%nl%running this. Continue?
        ^!Document First
        ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^$GetDocCount$
        :Loop
        ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
        ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
        ; ^!Clip "RUN YOUR CLIP HERE"
        ; comment the next line out if you use your Clip.
        ^!Keyboard Alt+M D C
        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End
        ; ^!Info If ^$GetDocIndex$ = ^%Docs% End
        ^!Inc %n%
        ^!SetDocIndex ^%n%
        ^!Goto Loop

        <--- Copy above this line --->
        <--- Right click over a Library --->
        <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

        Here it is in brief:

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=Convert Document to HTML - All Open - Use Clip
        ; http:/www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm, Jody
        ^!Continue Converts *all* open docs to html. Continue?
        ^!SetDocIndex 1
        ^!Set %DocnDex%=1; %DocCount%=^$GetDocCount$

        :Loop
        ^!Clip "NAME OF YOUR CLIP HERE"
        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%DocCount% End
        ^!Inc %DocnDex%
        ^!SetDocIndex ^%DocnDex%
        ^!Goto Loop

        <--- Copy above this line --->
        <--- Right click over a Library --->
        <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

        www.notetab.net, www.clean-funnies.com

        Happy HTML'n and Tab'n!

      • fgiacanelli
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 3, 2002
          --- In ntb-html@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
          Thanks to Jody and Hugo for their advices.

          Unfortunately the clip creates a loop on the last file opened in
          NoteTab, which could only be stopped with CTRL+ALT keys. This is due
          perhaps to the fact that the clip that has to be open with the
          command !Clip "RUN YOUR CLIP HERE" opens at its turn a template, and
          this could render the condition "If..." always false.

          Sorry for my poor english and for the mistake in explanation. I hope
          to have been clear enough.

          Thanks very much again
          Francesco, Roma, Italy
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 3, 2002
            Hi Francesco,

            I don't know what your Clip does. If it is not opening a file or
            new document, then it should not matter. I tested it a few times
            and it always stopped for me. If you are opening the Clip Editor
            in your Clip, yes, it will probably loop forever. You are putting
            the name to your Clip here: "RUN YOUR CLIP HERE", correct?

            ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End

            Try putting this in instead of your Clip:

            ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion

            If it works, it's your Clip.

            >Unfortunately the clip creates a loop on the last file opened in
            >NoteTab, which could only be stopped with CTRL+ALT keys. This is due
            >perhaps to the fact that the clip that has to be open with the
            >command !Clip "RUN YOUR CLIP HERE" opens at its turn a template, and
            >this could render the condition "If..." always false.

            H=Convert TXT to HTML - All Open, Use Clip
            ^!Continue Close all documents that you do *not*^%nl%want converted and the Clip Editor before^%nl%running this. Continue?
            ^!Document First
            ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^$GetDocCount$
            :Loop
            ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
            ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
            ; ^!Clip RUN YOUR CLIP HERE
            ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End
            ; ^!Info If ^$GetDocIndex$ = ^%Docs% End
            ; comment the next line out if you use your Clip.
            ^!Keyboard Alt+M D C
            ^!Inc %n%
            ^!SetDocIndex ^%n%
            ^!Goto Loop

            Happy Clip'n!
            Jody

            http://www.notetab.net

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          • fgiacanelli
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
              --- In ntb-html@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
              > Hi Francesco,
              >
              > I don't know what your Clip does.

              Hi Jody,

              many thanks for your advices and your patience. Here is my clip:

              ^!Set %ext%=^$GetDocName$
              ^!Set %nome%=^$GetName(^%ext%)$
              ^!Select ALL
              ^$StrToHtml(^$GetSelection$)$
              ^!Select ALL
              ^!Keyboard Ctrl+C
              ^!Open ^$GetTemplatePath$recensioni.tpl
              ^!Find "[Inserire il testo qui]"
              ^!Paste
              ^!Save As ^%nome%.htm
              ^!Close

              This clip select the text in the file.txt, convert it to HTML, copy
              the HTML in a template ("recensioni.tpl") which will be saved with
              the same name of the file and extension .htm.

              For each file on which I run the clip a template will be opened to
              paste the HTML code into. This fact is perhaps the reason why the
              clip you write creates a loop on the last file (for the other file
              the clip works instead).

              Thanks very much in advance (sorry for the annoying thread)
              Regards
              Francesco
            • Alan B Cummings
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
                Hello,

                I tried just the doc indexer clip on my machine and it wouldn't stop with

                ^!If ^0 ^%Docs% End

                But it would stop when using = instead of the >

                ^!If ^60^%Docs% End

                I put/added two lines, a skip line followed by a goto line and these same two can be removed. But, here's what (the = in the If line) did work for me:

                ^!Document First
                ^!Set %n%=1; %Docs%=^
                -Loop
                ; ^!Menu Modify/Document to HTML/No Character Conversion
                ; Whew! Wore my fingers out and made my head spin typing all that! :)
                ; ^!Clip RUN YOUR CLIP HERE
                ; ^!Info ^%n%^%NL%^%NL%^%Docs%
                ^!Skip Keep running/continue yes (or no to stop)
                ^!Goto end
                ^!If ^60^%Docs% End
                ; ^!Info If ^60 ^%Docs% End

                --
                Alan C.
              • Alan C.
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
                  Hello,

                  Some characters got changed inadvertently--so I send again using a different email client. I'll not use the other mail sender again until the problem gets worked out. Thanks.

                  I tried just the doc indexer clip on my machine and it wouldn't stop with

                  ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ > ^%Docs% End

                  But it would stop when using = instead of the >

                  ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$=^%Docs% End

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 4, 2002
                    Hi Francesco,

                    >> I don't know what your Clip does.
                    >
                    >many thanks for your advices and your patience. Here is my clip:
                    >
                    >Thanks very much in advance (sorry for the annoying thread)

                    I'm glad to see they got it going for you. You weren't annoying
                    at all. You can change the "=" that Alan mentioned to ">=" and
                    it should work if you use your template or Document to HTML. I
                    normally use both or "<=" depending what I am doing. In the case
                    of my Clip though the "=" would cause it to not do the last
                    document because of where I had the testing string, ^!If.

                    See ya in the funnies,
                    Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

                    http://www.clean-funnies.com