Re: [NH] Binary vs ASCII WAS: web site issue

  • kerry@GilaMountainDulcimers.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
      Thanks! But I was told one time not to use the "Auto" because it
      can mess up. I don't know why or whatfor, but I just never have used
      it. I guess if it works for you then it is okay.
      Thanks again for your time!
      ((((((hugs))))))
      Kerry Anderson, New Mexico
      Amazing Dulcimers!
      http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      Books, CDs, Festivals, Dulcimer Clubs, Links

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2002
        ASCII is code for characters, so I would think that MIDI files should be sent as binary. Does your FTP program have auto as a
        choice? I know WS_FTP does, and I would suspect that anything other than text gets changed automatically to binary.

        Mike Hopkins
        ironmike@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2002
          Yes, it has Auto. I usually send them binary, but I wasn't sure. I
          have sent them ASCII also and either way they seemed to work. I just
          wasn't real sure about if they came through on other computers also or
          just mine. I have no way to check. Thanks!!