Re: [NH] Background color -- one minor correction

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2002
      Mea culpa. I misspoke on one point:

      I wrote:
      > The background image will override the bgcolor, yes,
      > but bgcolor has no effect whatever on the background
      > image -- that is, it won't make the image softer or
      > mauve or whatever. Chances are your background image
      > appears softer because of the way colors are mapped
      > in your Web browser and/or your display settings.

      The correction:
      While bgcolor will not alter the colors in your background
      image per se, if you use a GIF image for your background,
      and that image contains transparent areas, the bgcolor you
      choose will show through in the transparent areas of your
      GIF image. This could effect the overall appearance of
      your background image.

      Scott