Re: [NH] Netscape 6.1 Upgrade?

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
      5 and 6.0 were dogs, but 6.1 and later were much,
      much better. As noted by others, Netscape 7 is out
      now, and it's quite good. (It's what I'm using to
      write this message.)

      You do have a choice about what bits you want to
      install, so I'm not sure what hsavage was referring
      to when he said you didn't have a choice. It can be
      a big installation if you install everything. I have
      DSL, so the installation of the full package -- all
      the stuff -- went pretty quickly. The download took
      under ten minutes. I've installed NS7 on at least
      five machines, and in all cases the installation was
      pretty painless, and that was downloading everything
      anew each time. It hsould be noted, however, that
      there appear to be times when their download servers
      hang; maybe that's the cause of the slow times he
      was talking about. I've tried many incarnations of
      Mozilla -- basically every version for the past year
      -- and I don't think it's as stable as Netscape.

      All this said, my primary browser is still Opera.

      Scott