Re: [NH] Netscape 6.1 Upgrade?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
      > Wayland Fowler wrote:
      >
      > Hi group,
      >
      > A while back I remember a lot of discussion about Netscape upgrades,
      > seems like no one liked version 5. How about version 6.1, is it worthy
      > of an upgrade?
      >
      > Wayland

      Wayland,

      Haven't spent too much time on Netscape lately. I did download and
      install NS7 and it lasted about half a day. Didn't really like it, and
      there is too much overhead, that is, files you must install. The full
      version, if I recall correctly was over 20 odd megabytes, the full
      install of Mozilla is under 12 megabytes. AIM for example, I don't use
      it but it gets installed anyway, no choice. I should be more clear, I
      removed it the same day it was installed.

      I guess I've been spoiled by the Mozilla betas. I've been using them
      for several months and if they ever get to a final release to sell I'll
      probably buy it. If you install the jazzed up tabbed interface I think
      you'll like it also.

      hrs