Netscape 6.1 Upgrade?

  • Wayland Fowler
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
      Hi group,

      A while back I remember a lot of discussion about Netscape upgrades,
      seems like no one liked version 5. How about version 6.1, is it worthy
      of an upgrade?

      Wayland
      I think everyone should be nice to me, don't you?
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
        > Wayland Fowler wrote:
        >
        > Hi group,
        >
        > A while back I remember a lot of discussion about Netscape upgrades,
        > seems like no one liked version 5. How about version 6.1, is it worthy
        > of an upgrade?
        >
        > Wayland

        Wayland,

        Haven't spent too much time on Netscape lately. I did download and
        install NS7 and it lasted about half a day. Didn't really like it, and
        there is too much overhead, that is, files you must install. The full
        version, if I recall correctly was over 20 odd megabytes, the full
        install of Mozilla is under 12 megabytes. AIM for example, I don't use
        it but it gets installed anyway, no choice. I should be more clear, I
        removed it the same day it was installed.

        I guess I've been spoiled by the Mozilla betas. I've been using them
        for several months and if they ever get to a final release to sell I'll
        probably buy it. If you install the jazzed up tabbed interface I think
        you'll like it also.

        hrs