RE: [NH] RE: email

  • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
      Joe,

      > Once I establish an email link on a web page how do I make
      > that available in
      > email?
      >
      > Is there a setting that needs to be changed or do I create a
      > new setting and
      > how do I do that?

      I'm not sure if this is what you're after but if you want to open an
      email-client by clicking on [george.bush@...] in a webpage you should
      make a link first:

      [a href="mailto:george.bush@..."]george.bush@...[/a]

      Please note that I changed < and > into [ and ] because Yahoo may filter out
      the correct tags.

      In NoteTab you can easily create this link by selecting your email-address
      and clicking the email-icon in the HTML-2 clipbar or by selecting
      MailTo in the html-library (it is under Anchor Elements).

      If you want to add a subject-line to the email being sent you should add
      "?subject=This is the subject" right after the address.

      I'm not sure if this is a universal solution but you can insert (a part of)
      the body as well by adding "&body=This is the body".
      Hard returns in the body are inserted by "%0A".

      Original example:
      George,%0A%0AThis is the body">george.bush@...</a>

      Example with tag-markers replaced:
      [a href="mailto:george.bush@...?subject=This is the subject&body=Hi
      George,%0A%0AThis is the body"]george.bush@...[/a]

      Good luck,

      Hugo

      PS. This is not for sending email from the collected user-input of a webpage
      directly.
    • Ron Woodall
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
        Hi Joe:

        The Compendium has some notes on mailto at www.htmlcompendium.org
        --> html tags --> <.a>nchor tag --> href and scroll down a bit until you
        see mailto:. You'll notice under the "Links List" a link to "mailto
        argument Notes." Read the whole section because there are ramafications
        beyond the link.

        Ron Woodall

        At 09:55 AM 11/6/02 +0100, you wrote:
        >Joe,
        >

        > > Once I establish an email link on a web page how do I make
        > > that available in
        > > email?
        > >
        > > Is there a setting that needs to be changed or do I create a
        > > new setting and
        > > how do I do that?
        > >

        >I'm not sure if this is what you're after but if you want to open an
        >email-client by clicking on [george.bush@...] in a webpage you should
        >make a link first:
        >
        >[a href="mailto:george.bush@..."]george.bush@...[/a]
        >
        >Please note that I changed < and > into [ and ] because Yahoo may filter out
        >the correct tags.
        >
        >In NoteTab you can easily create this link by selecting your email-address
        >and clicking the email-icon in the HTML-2 clipbar or by selecting
        >MailTo in the html-library (it is under Anchor Elements).
        >
        >If you want to add a subject-line to the email being sent you should add
        >"?subject=This is the subject" right after the address.
        >
        >I'm not sure if this is a universal solution but you can insert (a part of)
        >the body as well by adding "&body=This is the body".
        >Hard returns in the body are inserted by "%0A".
        >
        >Original example:
        >George,%0A%0AThis is the body">george.bush@...</a>
        >
        >Example with tag-markers replaced:
        >[a href="mailto:george.bush@...?subject=This is the subject&body=Hi
        >George,%0A%0AThis is the body"]george.bush@...[/a]
        >

        >Good luck,
        >
        >Hugo
        >
        >PS. This is not for sending email from the collected user-input of a webpage
        >directly.

        Ron Woodall
        nor@...

        The Compendium of HTML Elements