Playsound in PROXOMITRON was(Re: [NTB] Sound on a web site)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
      Greg (if you are over here;-) or anyone else:

      I agree with your /diatribe/ on websites that insist on playing music
      while loading. It sounds cute (sometimes) the first time and then
      becomes a major PITA.

      On the actual mechanics of doing it - I've started playing around with
      PROXOMITRON and while experimenting with it want do be able to play a
      short WAV file (for example when it kills a popup). I think I can (or
      soon will be able to) handle the mechanics of getting a "chunk" of HTML
      in the right place but if (forinstance) I want to have a page I create
      or alter on the fly play:
      "C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia Exclamation.WAV"
      from wthin a web page, what code can I put within the HTML file to make
      this happen when it is displayed in a browser?

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      -------------------------

      Greg Chapman wrote (Tue, 05-Nov-2002 08:07 [GMT-0500]):
      > Hi Chris,
      >
      >> I want to put a signature tune on the opening page of a web site. I
      >> have discovered that some computers have difficulties if I just get
      >> it to do it at onload.
      >
      > I plead that you forget this idea! <snip>
    • Ron Woodall
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
        Hi Alec:

        Go to the Compendium's Coding Notes, scroll down a bit and you'll
        find a section on "Sound." You'll find all of the appropriate mechanics
        there. (www.htmlcompendium.org)

        Ron Woodall

        At 05:28 PM 11/5/02 -0500, you wrote:
        >Greg (if you are over here;-) or anyone else:
        >
        >I agree with your /diatribe/ on websites that insist on playing music
        >while loading. It sounds cute (sometimes) the first time and then
        >becomes a major PITA.
        >
        >On the actual mechanics of doing it - I've started playing around with
        >PROXOMITRON and while experimenting with it want do be able to play a
        >short WAV file (for example when it kills a popup). I think I can (or
        >soon will be able to) handle the mechanics of getting a "chunk" of HTML
        >in the right place but if (forinstance) I want to have a page I create
        >or alter on the fly play:
        >"C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia Exclamation.WAV"
        >from wthin a web page, what code can I put within the HTML file to make
        >this happen when it is displayed in a browser?
        >
        >Regards ... Alec
        >--
        >-------------------------
        >
        >Greg Chapman wrote (Tue, 05-Nov-2002 08:07 [GMT-0500]):
        > > Hi Chris,
        > >
        > >> I want to put a signature tune on the opening page of a web site. I
        > >> have discovered that some computers have difficulties if I just get
        > >> it to do it at onload.
        > >
        > > I plead that you forget this idea! <snip>

        Ron Woodall
        nor@...

        The Compendium of HTML Elements

        - available at/disponible à: