Re: [NH] Stylesheet Problem

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
      At 02:15 2002.11.03, Peter Steeper wrote:
      >The service tech responded quickly when I pointed out the content-type
      >problem. (The fast response is unsual.)
      >He told me I was wrong.

      Tell him he is dumb and lazy.

      >So I did some more investigating. I tried it on my IIS server here at home
      >and it works fine with NS7. The IIS server uses the right content-type of
      >css. So I went to W3C.org and learned more about the content-type spec.

      Sorry, I would have provided some URLs if I had known you would need them.
      If you haven't already found it there is even a RFC.
      <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/refs.html#ref-2318>
      Or send the tech guy here:
      <http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/incorrect-mime-types/>

      >Everything I've learned so far would indicate you are absolutely right on
      >the css spec and the hosting service.

      Trust me - it's a known problem. Most servers got it right long ago though.
      It's only the really dumb hosts that still haven't. If you are allowed to
      use a htaccess file that trick works fine if your host continues to be
      stubborn.

      >I'll let you know the final result.
      >This means more lobster for you.

      Be warned that you are talking to a woman that has been deprived of both
      lobster and rum for a long time. Could get expensive. ;-)

      Lotta
    • Peter Steeper
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
        LOL!!!!!

        Thanks for the references. I had found the one but I think the other one is better and describes the problem exactly.

        -Peter
        At 02:15 2002.11.03, Peter Steeper wrote:
        >The service tech responded quickly when I pointed out the content-type
        >problem. (The fast response is unsual.)
        >He told me I was wrong.

        Tell him he is dumb and lazy.

        >So I did some more investigating. I tried it on my IIS server here at home
        >and it works fine with NS7. The IIS server uses the right content-type of
        >css. So I went to W3C.org and learned more about the content-type spec.

        Sorry, I would have provided some URLs if I had known you would need them.
        If you haven't already found it there is even a RFC.
        <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/refs.html#ref-2318>
        Or send the tech guy here:
        <http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/incorrect-mime-types/>

        >Everything I've learned so far would indicate you are absolutely right on
        >the css spec and the hosting service.

        Trust me - it's a known problem. Most servers got it right long ago though.
        It's only the really dumb hosts that still haven't. If you are allowed to
        use a htaccess file that trick works fine if your host continues to be
        stubborn.

        >I'll let you know the final result.
        >This means more lobster for you.

        Be warned that you are talking to a woman that has been deprived of both
        lobster and rum for a long time. Could get expensive. ;-)

        Lotta

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor