RE: Network drives

  • Geoffrey Skinner
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      It turns out that once I have manually entered a network drive address in
      the Disk Files or Search Disk Files dialog boxes, then I am able to see
      everything normally. So it is more an annoyance than a real problem.

      >Another workaround is to browse the Network Neighborhood
      >tree. That does seem to work from the Browse dialog for
      >Search Disk in any case. At least that provides browsing
      >capability, and you don't need to directly type in the path.

      In this case, browsing the Network Neighborhood wasn't the answer because
      the network drive in question is an AFS volume accessed through the IBM AFS
      client.

      --Geoffrey
      Geoffrey Skinner
      Cataloging Services