Re: [NH] searches

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2002
      Hi Ron,

      > Nope not using a clip, just using "replace." I put in
      >"crawl1.googlebot.com{.*}^P" (without the quotes) but it doesn't work.

      ^crawl1\.googlebot\.com.*$

      I put above in then next I checked the regex option

      found 'em for me.

      (note that you cannot have regex checked then paste in a regex because

      when regex is checked if you then paste in your search criteria, Ntab auto converts your pasted search criteria into a regex) but this auto capability I don't think it can figure out how to make a "beginning to ending of line" type of a regex.

      not a regex expert but I've learned a lot, progressing in regex.

      ^ begin of line anchor

      \ escapes a dot/period since a dot is a meta character

      .* any old junk up until -

      $ end of line anchor

      --
      Alan.