Re: [NH] Digest Number 496

  • PaulG
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2002
      Thanks to Ron for the extensive description on use and complications of
      Wingdings.
      For my needs, I use the simplest forms I can for mostly straight forward
      communication, i.e., vers. HTML 3.2. I'm not a pro and haven't the time
      to spend to become a sophisticated HTML writer. I check the wingdings
      with Mozilla, IE 5.5, and sometimes Opera 6.05. OK on the ones I've
      picked at random and checked, Webdings and Wingdings. Inserting the
      "<FONT NAME..." code (I made a clip for each, web and wing, to do this)
      and choosing the wing/webding from the respective character map works
      OK. Notetab Pro, however, has an error: if one chooses font from the
      tool (HTML) bar and inserts a wingding symbol it doesn't work because it
      should read: "Wingdings(plural, not singular), Symbol." Of course, it's
      easy enough to insert the "s" afterwards, but a program as high powered
      as NTP that includes choice of font size as well as color should have
      the correct format, I think.
      Cheers and like that to all the HTMLers out there.
      PaulG