Re: [NH] Difficulty with Album Express

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
      I don't know album express (too expensive for me 8^) but I would guess at
      one of two things:

      1. the directory is somehow off, double check placement of the pictures and
      compare it to the code on the slide page to be sure they match (a
      href=file.jpg -> same directory, only works if picture in same directory) or
      (a href=folder/file.jpg -> up one folder, be sure name matches) or (a
      href=c://file:folder/folder/file.jpg -> is looking on your computer which
      won't work when you get it on the server); or

      2. check for capitalization of file names mismatched, because on a unix type
      server file is not equal to File is not equal to FILE, etc.

      On further study it appears #2 is your problem, as you pictures are up and
      on-line:
      http://www.dorothyloyd.com/al1/DSC00241.JPG

      But the album express file is looking for: dsc00243.jpg (which it won't find
      because of the case mismatch. When you upload there is a switch in most ftp
      programs to force the uploads to be lower case. I suspect there may also be
      a switch in album express to generate upper/lower/retain case of original
      file which you may have thrown by mistake.

      To fix: manually change the album express files to upper case, or rename the
      files on server (via ftp) to lower case, or delete the files on server and
      reload them with lower case. Any of the three will work fine. Enjoy.

      Don

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
        Hi everyone,

        This question is probably for Jody.

        I'm thinking about switching over from html to xhtml (mainly to learn
        it), and I noticed that I can set up my doc type with the xhtml
        statement. Is there a way to make the xhtml tags work in NT
        automatically. For example when I click <br>, can make the default
        come up as <br \>? I'm sure I could add stuff to the clipboard (as
        if I have learned how to do it yet :).

        Thanks,

        Raleigh
        --
      • theoldpro
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
          Thanks Dan,

          Once again your suggestion works!. www.dorothyloyd.com/al1 now works.

          I thought that servers are case insensitive, but as usual, I guessed wrong.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
            some servers are case insensitive, like most windows based boxes
            unix is case sensitive - period