[NH] Re: CSS, HTML, XHTML ???

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 12, 2000
      Hi Stefan,

      You made it so I could understand it - thanks. :) This does them
      all. Thanks everybody! If you see anything in them that needs
      correcting, please, let me know as soon as possible.

      SHTML
      SHTML is an acronym for server-parsed Hyper Text Markup Language
      and is contained in a type of HTML file (.shtml). The files
      contain information that is specific to the web server it is on.
      The commands are non-standard in the sense they need to be
      interpreted by the Web Server where they reside. These
      non-standard commands are replaced by standard HTML (or text)
      before it is return to the web browser so it may process it.

      Get some sleep Stefan - thanks!

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
    • William K. Hardeman
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 29, 2000
        Jody,

        I know this is way late, but I wanted to fire it off to you anyway. (I've been off honeymooning for
        the last little bit and am just now catching up on my emails :o).

        PHTML: (superceded. now PHP3 or PHP) "Preprocessed Hypertext Markup Language" ( "PHP:
        Hypertext Preprocessor") PHTML/PHP is a HTML-embedded scripting language that is processed
        by the webserver prior to sending to the web browser. The scripts can therefore be written once
        and run on any webserver that has PHP installed on it, including Netscape servers, Apache and
        its derivatives, IIS, or any other webserver that supports CGI-BIN. The scripted elements are
        replaced by HTML prior to sending to the web browser.

        Sorry for the poor definition, but that's it in a nutshell, more or less (much less, actually). PHP
        does many things, and you can find out more at http://www.php.net/ if you want to. It's my
        prefered way of writing dynamic web pages.

        Again, my apologies for the late arrival of this definition.

        Will Hardeman

        On 12 Feb 00, at 23:39, Jody said:

        > Hi Stefan,
        >
        > You made it so I could understand it - thanks. :) This does them
        > all. Thanks everybody! If you see anything in them that needs
        > correcting, please, let me know as soon as possible.
        >
        > SHTML
        > SHTML is an acronym for server-parsed Hyper Text Markup Language
        > and is contained in a type of HTML file (.shtml). The files
        > contain information that is specific to the web server it is on.
        > The commands are non-standard in the sense they need to be
        > interpreted by the Web Server where they reside. These
        > non-standard commands are replaced by standard HTML (or text)
        > before it is return to the web browser so it may process it.
        >
        > Get some sleep Stefan - thanks!
        >
        > Bye for now,
        > Jody Adair
        > Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
        >
        > http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        > http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        > http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        > eLerts!
        > It’s easy. It’s fun. Best of all, it’s free.

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ntb-html&m=1

        Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant
        intelligence. (Henrik Tikkanen)

        The closest distance between two people is a good laugh. - Leo Bascalia