HTML Tidy Config File

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2002
      Hi Gang!

      I've been using Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy (4 Aug 2000 - I use this version
      because it did all I wanted it to do, and is smaller than some of the more
      recent releases in its open source form) for some time, without problem.
      Now I need to include some non-standard tags in some of my files.

      I've created the necessary "Tidy.cfg" file and placed it in my NoteTab
      folder with the required command in it (new-inline-tags: noindex). However,
      with that single command, NoteTab forgets all its default settings for HTML
      Tidy.

      So I have two questions:

      1. What are the default commands NoteTab uses, which I now realise I must
      have in my Tidy.cfg file in order to restore its normal behaviour (other
      than for the extra command I want to use).

      2. What do I have to do to get NoteTab to use Tidy.cfg if I want to place it
      in my HTMLTidy folder, rather than the NoteTab folder.

      Greg
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2002
        Hi Gang,

        Earlier I said...

        > I've been using Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy (4 Aug 2000 - I use this
        > version because it did all I wanted it to do, and is smaller than
        > some of the more recent releases in its open source form) for
        > some time, without problem. Now I need to include some
        > non-standard tags in some of my files.
        >
        > I've created the necessary "Tidy.cfg" file and placed it in my
        > NoteTab folder with the required command in it (new-inline-tags:
        > noindex). However, with that single command, NoteTab forgets all
        > its default settings for HTML Tidy.

        I now realise there's more to it than that! So I'll ask a more difficult
        question. Has anyone produced the necessary entries for a Tidy.cfg file
        that will accept the code involved in an Atomz (http://www.atomz.com) site
        search template file?

        I've been getting in a bit of a muddle.

        Greg