Re: [NH] Mozilla

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
      > mpenfold wrote:
      >
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > I am intrigued by all the referencs to Mozilla. At present
      > > I have IE6 and Netscape 4.0. ( I did have Netscape 4.7 but
      > > some application must have downgraded it!)
      > >
      > > As some one who has no developing tools I wonder if anyone
      > > could suggest the best way of downloading Mozilla in a
      > > workable state.
      > >
      > > My OS is Windows XP and I have Note Tab Pro 4.91 (full version)
      > > Regards,
      > > Margaret

      Margaret,

      Lotta gave you the mozilla.org homepage. I would suggest you download
      ver 1.1 for a stable platform. Once you have the file downloaded don't
      delete it, at least until the next stable release is available.

      Afterward, if you feel a little more adventurous you might try the
      latest betas. The link I'm adding is the link to the very latest beta
      in an easily installable .exe program.

      http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-win32-installer-sea.exe

      This is a long link, be sure it isn't wrapped.

      hrs