Mozilla

  • m.penfold
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
      Hello all,

      I am intrigued by all the referencs to Mozilla. At present I have IE6 and
      Netscape 4.0. ( I did have Netscape 4.7 but some application must have
      downgraded it!)

      As some one who has no developing tools I wonder if anyone could suggest the
      best way of downloading Mozilla in a workable state.

      My OS is Windows XP and I have Note Tab Pro 4.91 (full version)
      Regards,
      Margaret
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
        Hi Margaret,

        >I am intrigued by all the referencs to Mozilla. At present I have IE6 and
        >Netscape 4.0. ( I did have Netscape 4.7 but some application must have
        >downgraded it!)
        >
        >As some one who has no developing tools I wonder if anyone could suggest the
        >best way of downloading Mozilla in a workable state.

        They offer compiled binaries that install like any other program for us
        non-hackers.

        Just go to <http://mozilla.org/>. In he right column you have the current
        downloads. You probably want 1.0.1 or 1.1
        1.0 has some security issues and 1.2 is just in alpha.

        You can do a custom install and choose to not install email and chat
        clients and such if you want to keep the size down.

        Lotta
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
          > mpenfold wrote:
          >
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I am intrigued by all the referencs to Mozilla. At present
          > > I have IE6 and Netscape 4.0. ( I did have Netscape 4.7 but
          > > some application must have downgraded it!)
          > >
          > > As some one who has no developing tools I wonder if anyone
          > > could suggest the best way of downloading Mozilla in a
          > > workable state.
          > >
          > > My OS is Windows XP and I have Note Tab Pro 4.91 (full version)
          > > Regards,
          > > Margaret

          Margaret,

          Lotta gave you the mozilla.org homepage. I would suggest you download
          ver 1.1 for a stable platform. Once you have the file downloaded don't
          delete it, at least until the next stable release is available.

          Afterward, if you feel a little more adventurous you might try the
          latest betas. The link I'm adding is the link to the very latest beta
          in an easily installable .exe program.

          http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-win32-installer-sea.exe

          This is a long link, be sure it isn't wrapped.

          hrs